Popular Posts

Expired gift card?

Thought this group might be able to help me...I got a sizable gift card from Lowe's when a water softener I purchased was getting rid of some service called IRIS...Lowe's did away with it, and for some reason decided to refund anyone who had a product with that service on it...They even gave me more than I paid for the unit! Anyway - I found that gift card sitting here, says it expired in Feb of 2020, but I've found many places that say if you call customer service, they will re-issue a new card with the balance on it.

So - the question ultimately is - the back of the card says to check balance at myprepaid.info...But that site doesn't seem to work, but all indications are that it is the same thing as https://secure.myprepaidbalance.com/

I can't seem to find anything referencing myprepaid.info now, but when I search for "www.myprepaid.info balance" it does show the other site as the number one link. I'm thinking that myprepaid.info was just a shortcut to the real site.

The reason that is important, is because in the terms for myprepaidbalance.com, it says: "Card Replacement and Expiration - If you need to replace your Card for any reason, please contact Customer Service. See Long Form for applicable fees. Please note that your Card has a "Valid Thru" date on the front of the Card. You may not use the Card after the "Valid Thru" date on the front of your Card. However, even if the "Valid Thru" date has passed, the available funds on your Card do not expire. You will not be charged a fee for replacement cards that we send due to expiration of the Card."

So according to that I should be able to get the card reissued - I'm on the phone with them now, but it's late and I don't think anyone is actually going to answer. I held for an hour, nobody answered. Going to try tomorrow, but in the meantime - does anyone know anything about what I posted above? Do I have any hope of getting the balance re-issued?

submitted by /u/potvin48
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/10bjrgh/expired_gift_card/

No comments:

Add Comment