Popular Posts

Wondering if I should stick with freelancing on Upwork?

I'm in a bit of a predicament. I just started on Upwork doing freelance transcription work.

I have successfully completed three projects and have one larger one that I start working on tomorrow.

Two of the jobs were just for $30 an audio hour.

The later two are for $40 an audio hour.

My predicament is that a lady that I have been doing transcription work for says she'll increase my pay to $48 an audio hour. She's great to work for.

She had more work for me on Sunday. With the work that I'm doing on Upwork I had to turn it down. She seemed quite disappointed that I couldn't take on the work she wanted me to.

She says that she'll have more work for me on Wednesday. However, with the projects I have on Upwork I can't take on any work with her until at least Saturday with her.

I had told her on Sunday that I would be available on Wednesday to take on any work that she has for me.

I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel the latest transcription job on UpWork ($150 for 3.5 hours of audio) so that I'm available to do work for the lady that I have been doing transcription work for the last month.

If I'm not available to do transcription work on Wednesday for my private client I am pretty sure that she will terminate my contract.

Does anyone have any advice? I have excellent feedback so far on Upwork as well and am finding the process of being awarded jobs on Upwork really exciting.

PS - This $150 transcription job on Upwork is in Escrow and the payment method is verified. The client is using an anonymous email service though and a false name, which is making me quite nervous. Am I protected when the funds are in Escrow and the payment method is verified. He keeps wanting to communicate outside of Upwork as well by email. Also, the site where I downloaded the audio file said that it had been uploaded in Mexico to the site, but on UpWork he's showing his location as in the United States.

submitted by /u/cdave73
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/dohb8w/wondering_if_i_should_stick_with_freelancing_on/

No comments:

Add Comment