WARNING: User Interviews only pays you if they feel like it (UserInterviews.com) — several examples inside
User Interviews is terrible because you agree to terms stating that you will only be paid at the researchers' discretion. They blatantly use this as a defense in their replies to BBB complaints, too, which you'll see quoted 2 paragraphs below. You might get lucky, but they don't have to explain any reason to you at all why you just worked hours of your life and got paid $0. After it happened to me, I found /r/UserInterviews and saw that it happens to lots of people. I also just replied to another post here on r/beermoney about a person who is having this same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1tpi6ar/user_interviews_advice_needed/ ...it's basically what I've copy+pasted below, but you can click that thread to see how many hours of time this person has lost already.
On the BBB complaint page, only a handful of people have bothered to complain because probably most people just take the lumps and try again without complaining too much for fear of getting shadowbanned. In pretty much every case, User Interviews replies with this:
User Interviews is a platform used to connect researchers with participants. When REMOVED created a participant account with REMOVED, they agreed to our Participant Terms and Conditions (REMOVED). Section 4.1 (Incentives) of the Terms provides in relevant part: "Researchers may choose to provide an incentive to Participants (each, an Incentive) to complete Research Sessions in their sole discretion in the manner of their choosing, but you acknowledge and agree that REMOVED has no independent obligation to provide any Incentives to you in connection with your participation in a Research Session. If a Researcher chooses to distribute an Incentive directly to you, UI may (but is not obligated to) provide reasonable assistance to you regarding redemption of the Incentive for up to 90 days after the end date of the relevant Research Session. . . . You acknowledge and agree that you may forfeit some or all of any Incentives offered in connection with a Research Session if . . . (ii) you do not satisfactorily complete the Research Session (as determined by the Researcher in its sole discretion) . . . ." Here, the researcher in question marked REMOVED as incomplete for the research study in question and therefore no incentive was issued to them by the researcher. User Interviews provided reasonable assistance with contacting the researcher, and ultimately issued a partial incentive to REMOVED as a courtesy for their time (see Screenshot 1).
I spoke to one person who complained to the BBB and she said she got partial compensation, just like it says in these replies on BBB, but she was shadowbanned after: https://www.reddit.com/r/UserInterviews/comments/1slbre2/completed_studies_not_paying/os8io6v/
So, if you complain about not getting paid, they still won't pay you unless you complain to the BBB. Then, they will give you only a partial payment "as a courtesy" and you will be blacklisted from their service.
This is not a good platform to spend your time in if you have better options. It's happening more and more and I do not believe it was always this way. I started with them over a year ago and I have been marked down a few times as a no show when I in fact showed up and completed the surveys. I finally decided to complain and research this matter further and that is why I am sharing with you now.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1ultjzm/warning_user_interviews_only_pays_you_if_they/



No comments:
Add Comment