Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $80 to take $162 worth of Pork, Cat Food, Self-Adherent Wrap, Pillsbury Biscuits, Erasers, Tuna, Chorizo, an absurd amount of Sunscreen, and More!

Here are the goodies.

Our Wal-Mart started putting sunscreen on clearance for $1.

Total: $161.76

Coupons: $36.00

Total Cash Back: $205.22

Final Cost: -$79.46 - Money Maker!

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. The stores are listed in the breakdown image. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. The Neutrogena coupons were printable. The Blue Lizard coupon came in the mail with a sample I got. The Coppertone and Banana Boat coupons were on the products (or were, I found them laying on the shelf).

Note: Individual deals vary by user for most apps. If you don't have the deals right now, you can try checking back later.

 

My Guides

  1. All rebate apps/sites I use and/or know about

  2. How I do my hauls

  3. Beginners guide to using rebate apps/sites - for those who don't know where to start

 

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some Additional Deals

 

Afterthoughts

So, lots of trips to Wal-Mart this week. My first trip was just me stopping by on my way to an appointment. The second trip I went out of my way for, but how could I not with those deals? Both times I grabbed a couple non-deal things, but the third trip was my "regular" shopping trip where I got everything I needed for the week. And man, I made off like a bandit with sunscreen today. A ton of stuff got marked down to $1. I'll probably get a little bit more with BC, but it's having issues right now since it keeps saying my password is wrong. Unfortunately, I took a nasty hit with that Blue Lizard spray. I scanned everything in the store to make sure it was marked down, but I didn't realize I grabbed two different kinds of the spray. I initially grabbed 5 before realizing the deal was only on 1, so I put 4 back on the shelf. I somehow managed to keep the one that was different. I can't return it since I already scanned it into Ibotta. The $14 profit loss hurts, but that's how it goes sometimes. I also messed up and only grabbed one Mentos when I wanted 2. They would have been $0.08 for both that way.

 

I'm happy to see that I got credit from IB for the Sheba at Dollar General. I used a $3 off $3.01 store coupon, but wasn't 100% sure if it would work because of IB's new coupon policies. Thankfully, it did work, which will allow for some potential hauls with the other store coupons I get. It took a while for the register to recognize the coupon though.

 

The Alexa app updated so it's a lot easier to use imo, and there's now rebates/coupons for Whole foods and for Amazon Fresh. I have a rebate for $2.51 off a watermelon for Fresh, and some of these deals look like you could get things for free or nearly free. Shame we don't have it here.

 

Time Spent

My Dollar General trip took around 10 minutes. I was looking around at what to spend my $3 coupon on, and then I had some issues at the register getting it to actually come off. My first Wal-Mart trip had zero planning, and I was in the store for about 15 minutes. I could have been out sooner, but I was killing a bit of time. My second trip had about 20 minutes of planning / looking at upcoming sales fliers, and I was in the store for 17 minutes which included some time spent looking at non-deal items. Today's trip took around 25 minutes of planning while I ate breakfast, and I spent a bit over an hour in the store which included my regular shopping and like ~20 minutes introducing a couple people to Ibotta so they could get some sunscreen deals too.

 

Food From Deals

Nothing new this week, but I will be making some more of this Hot Sausage Flavored Pulled Pork Sandwich here in a few minutes.

 

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can vote on this poll if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1607ejd/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_80_to_take_162/

No comments:

Add Comment