Popular Posts

Coursehero Tutor Power Move

A couple of days ago I saw someone post a question regarding whether or not students who use CH choose your answer and then mark it as 'unhelpful' in order to avoid paying for it. A few others replied saying this was common, and that CH is essentially a scam in which tutors rarely get paid for all of their work. Today I answered a question very thoroughly and accurately, providing APA citations, full references, and really took my time to try to help the student. They marked my answer as 'unhelpful', and because I'd spend 30 minutes carefully crafting the answer (for $3, mind you) I was pretty upset. Then I realized two things: 1) You can flag student questions for a number of reasons, including if they are not following post rules (asking tutors to do the assignment for them instead of posting specific questions), and 2) You can leave comments on their question. I did both. I wasn't rude, I was just honest in my assessment that Student had peeped the answer I wrote and marked it 'unhelpful' in order to avoid paying. A few hours later I logged back in and guess what? They changed the rating to 'helpful'. 10/10 would recommend asserting your dominance within the boundaries of the rules.

submitted by /u/Professional_Raisin9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/l5rhvt/coursehero_tutor_power_move/

No comments:

Add Comment