Popular Posts

How I made $1500 over the past 13 weeks

Hello everyone,

I started messing around with beermoney sites about a year ago probably but only very sporadically. Probably made about $20 on survey junkie and $25 on SwagBucks and then got so burned out from disqualifications and terrible wages that I gave up on it for months.

In the beginning I had applied for a mTurk account, got approved a couple days later, and then never even signed on until the last week of August 2019. That was when I realized how different it was than other sites. I’ve been able to pull $100/week on average for about 2 hours/day, 5 days/week work during my downtime at my real job. Proof.

I also run Prolific at the same time and by using the Prolific Chrome extension to notify me right when surveys are posted I’ve been able to make like £25/week on there as well.

IMO as far as surveys go these are the only sites worth using (I use SwagBucks sometimes, but strictly for offers). You don’t get disqualified mid-survey ever. Very infrequently there are 2 question screeners at the beginning of mTurk surveys and even with those they get downvoted for having them. You can see the average hourly rate on the survey, and most importantly you can see others’ reviews of surveys and how they’ve been rated.

This industry is crazy right now. It’s essentially the Wild West as far as rules and ethics go. Out of all of the shitty predatory sites though mTurk (and prolific to a lesser degree) really shine through and are significantly more fair to users. I wish there was a way we could band together to boycott all of the sites that pay terrible rates, unfairly DQ people after stealing all of their work and time, and have shady business practices.

Unfortunately I doubt we’d be able to make a dent but if anyone has any questions or needs help or advice feel free to ask me and I will do what I can to teach you about mTurk. I’m not a veteran user, don’t have any special quals, and only use the basic chrome extension for it but I’ve made it work for me in a way that I’m happy with and don’t feel taken advantage of and burned out on this shit anymore and I think everyone deserves to feel like that.

submitted by /u/throthroawaway
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/e18e0b/how_i_made_1500_over_the_past_13_weeks/

No comments:

Add Comment