Respondent and usage information
I’m considering participating in research studies on Respondent that require audio/video recordings, and I’m trying to better understand the privacy side of it.
I’ve read Respondent’s terms, but I’m still a little confused about what happens to a recorded video after the study.
Specifically, I’m wondering:
Who actually has access to the recording — Respondent, the researcher, or third-party companies working with the researcher?
If the researcher downloads the recording, can they share it with other companies or third parties?
Can the researcher use the recording for purposes other than the specific research study?
If a video can be used publicly (social media, websites, advertising, etc.), is separate consent normally required?
Has anyone here actually dealt with this or knows how Respondent handles recorded video in practice?
I’m not particularly concerned about the research team seeing my video. My main concern is whether my face/video could later be shared with or used by third parties, or publicly disclosed, without me being fully aware of it.
I’d really appreciate any experiences or knowledge about how this works in practice.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1vx70dj/respondent_and_usage_information/



No comments:
Add Comment