Popular Posts

Surf to Earn Desktop App Suspicious Activity.

I'm not tech savvy but I've found something strange going on and wanted to share just in case. The website Survey Junkie asked me to download their app and do tasks there, but opening the app doesn't do anything but to just open the website on my browser, I didn't think much about it. But recently when I tried to use Bing Chat, whether it's the website or copilet it doesn't work, and I know when it doesn't work it mean's I'm using any sorts of VPN, but I don't have anything turned on. Until just now I saw an icon in the taskbar with no name, opened it and It's surf to earn, though I've uninstalled it already (Also, the fact that it turns on automatically when I restart the computer in the background is already not appreciated.). When I went to properly uninstall it, Bing Chat is going back to normal, which means the entire time I'm using the computer, It redirected my entire online traffic to another place! Just to clarify again, I'm not tech savvy, but when my entire traffic is being redirected to another server and It's not my VPN... That can only lead to bad things.

submitted by /u/MaiChaMH
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1diiuay/surf_to_earn_desktop_app_suspicious_activity/

No comments:

Add Comment