Popular Posts

Is it ok to sell data?

I have been using survey sites for 20 days now, and I haven't encountered any issues with providing my details since my IP address is masked, and the survey sites have assured protection of my personal information. However, when I shared this with my friends, they expressed concern that survey sites request too much sensitive information. I believe these questions are basic and necessary for market research. Besides, our information is likely already accessible online, so why not monetize it legally with my consent? This would also aid companies in designing products tailored to our demographics.

Furthermore, individual data doesn't hold much significance; it's the collective data that provides meaningful statistics. By the way, I believe I am more anonymous than my friends, have a deeper understanding of the internet, possess tech and theoretical knowledge.

What are your thoughts? Is it acceptable to sell your online activity for money?

submitted by /u/ShounakDas
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1brhth4/is_it_ok_to_sell_data/

No comments:

Add Comment