Popular Posts

Capital One Shopping... Should I Move On?

I have been using Capital One Shopping for several years. For the most part, it's been great, however, it has been making me question switching.

They no longer have a section to link cards to receive rewards for in-store purchases. That was always a nice surprise to see a bump in my rewards even after not shopping online.

The rewards they offer are very limited. They no longer offer Amazon or Walmart giftcards. They also don't give an option for Visa or MC prepaid cards. The giftcard options are underwhelming to say the least. I've been accumulating quite a balance because I never want to purchase anything at these stores.

The platform has been glitchy. For example, I am only showing 2 pending transactions in the past 45 days. I've made several more that didn't show up. I've been having this issue since October 2023. I will have to contact their support (my next point), and provide them with screenshots and receipts. They tell me I have to wait 30 days after the transaction and then contact them again. Most of the time, they credit me, but I am thinking they might flag me at some point because I've repeatedly contacted them.

The support is a little underwhelming. I've found that they reply with canned responses. If you're providing a lot of details, it seems like a 50/50 chance they will read your entire email. It usually takes some time to resolve some issues, however, they have done right by me several times that the extension failed. For example, when using VistaPrint, I was credited 2.5% for a few transactions when I had activated the 8% promo. They reviewed my transactions and credited me.

Should I continue with them or should I consider Rakuten (or others)? It creates a lot of extra work reaching out to support when the browser fails to report transactions and the rewards are underwhelming. Frankly, it is getting worse. It requires a lot of followup and paying close attention. I am interested to see if others have similar experiences or if anyone can recommend alternatives. TYIA

submitted by /u/ThorFromBoston
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1blq5u7/capital_one_shopping_should_i_move_on/

No comments:

Add Comment