Popular Posts

NEEVO: Complete waste of time?

I was offered my first Neevo project a few weeks ago. I'm in Australia, and it was a "Validate the Pronunciation" job.

An AI voice would say something like "ABC News" and I had to decide whether it pronounced it properly. It was pretty straightforward: if the voice said "abukuh news" or "capital A, capital B, capital C news" it was wrong. If it said "ay bee cee news," as a human would, it was right.

I did 1000 tasks because I had insomnia and I thought 'why not.' I haven't been paid, but I read enough about Neevo beforehand to know that they're not paying anyone on time, if at all.

What I didn't expect was that the next time the project popped up my work wouldn't "meet quality standards." I was blocked after ten tasks. I had absolutely no idea what I did wrong. It's not rocket science. The written phrase is "going fishing," the voice says "going fishing," you mark it as correct. The written phrase is "ABBA songs," the voice says "capital A, capital B, capital B, capital A songs," you mark it as incorrect.

I'm a native English speaker with a degree in English (I'm unable to work due to illness) and this is a task a child could do, so I have no idea why I'm not meeting quality standards.

The first time I queried it, Neevo said they were having site-wide issues ("It seems this job in particular was affected by the issue we had on the platform") and I'd be unblocked shortly. It took a week and by then the project had ended.

A third 'Validate the Pronunciation' project became available and I did 94 tasks before being blocked again. Neevo said:

you failed a group of tasks that made your overall score go lower than the one allowed to continue working. However, since the percentage was very close to the minimum allowed, the team decided to unblock you from the job.

You can continue working. 😊 However, please have in mind that you are having a lot of invalid tasks. We advise you to reread the instructions and take your time to submit each task. Also, make sure you're in a quiet environment where you can focus.

I'm not an idiot. I've read the very simple instructions thoroughly and more than once. I'm in as quiet an environment as humanly possible, and using sound-canceling headphones. It's not just that I can't work out what I did wrong, it's that I'm certain I didn't do anything wrong. Out of the last 94 tasks I completed, there were none that I was unsure about, and I'm certain I didn't get any wrong.

I don't want them to take pity on me and decide to unblock me from the job, I want them to tell me precisely where I failed so I can understand why my tasks are continually deemed invalid.

Has anybody else had this issue, and if so, did you work out what the problem was? I'm not convinced it's worth persisting with the site. It's so humiliating to be repeatedly told you don't English good.

submitted by /u/Webbie-Vanderquack
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/18ox7xu/neevo_complete_waste_of_time/

No comments:

Add Comment