Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $6 to take $31 worth of Mashed Potatoes, Dog Food, Pillsbury Biscuits, Light Traps, Parchment Paper, and More!

Here are the goodies.

I wasn't expecting a midweek bonus, but I am definitely pleased to see it. I grabbed my free sides, now I just need to finish up the bonus for the turkey.

Total: $30.50

Coupons: $3.79

Total Cash Back: $33.26

Final Cost: -$6.55 - Money Maker

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. The stores are listed in the breakdown image. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. The digital coupon was automatically added to my Giant Eagle account - didn't even know about it until I was getting ready to check out and the cashier told me.

Note: Individual deals vary by user for most apps. If you don't have the deals right now, you can try checking back later.

 

My Guides

  1. All rebate apps/sites I use and/or know about

  2. How I do my hauls

  3. Beginners guide to using rebate apps/sites - for those who don't know where to start

 

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some Additional Deals

 

Pet Food Deals - These aren't money makers but can take a nice chunk off.

  • Beneful - IB + SK + Shopmium - Brings the 14lb bags down to half price, or the big bags down by $10
  • More Dry Dog food rebates popping up on Shopmium + IB + SK
  • Lots of deals on Fancy Feast on IB plus a $0.50 bonus if you do 2 offers.
  • Lots of deals on Friskies on IB + SK + a couple on Shopmium
  • Purina Cat Chow on IB + Shopmium + SK
  • Purina Beyond on IB + SK

  • Blue Wilderness on IB + Shopmium

 

Afterthoughts

Early morning haul for me today. I had a 6AM doc appointment, and figured I'd do a haul since I was going to be right by Wal-Mart anyways. I also ended up running to Giant Eagle to get some grapes, because I wasn't about to wait an hour for Aldi's to open. They have a free parchment paper for today only.

I wasn't expecting to have a midweek bonus, but I was certainly excited to see it. I got a lot of pet food deals again (mostly because I was too tired to put together a proper haul), but, as per usual, I didn't include them on my breakdown since people complain when they make the haul look bad. I got a lot of wet can foods which were mostly just on IB, but the Friskies was also on SK. I also got some Beneful, which had an amazing deal. You can get ~$7.75 back on the 12/14 lb bags, and ~$10 back on the bigger bags. The 14 lb bag works out to be the cheapest per pound. I got one 14 lb and one 36 lb though. (IB + SK + SB) I also got the $1 bonus on IB for buying 2 bags. I ended up spending like ~$35-40 including tax to get 50 lbs of dog food.

I might actually end up getting this free Turkey if they give me another bonus.

 

I saw that I had a couple Sheba BC surveys. I thought they reset and got excited. Filled out two of them before realizing... the Sheba's I buy are only $1.18 and all the surveys are above that. Lol. I am clearly not awake yet.

 

Wal-Mart has this x-mas sprinkle kit marked down to $0.98 online. Normally $5-6. If you're interested, make sure to put in a pickup/delivery order quick because this is definitely not supposed to be marked down right now.

You can get some pretty good deals on Pillsbury + General Mills cereal right now (IB + Fetch + Shopmium).

 

Time Spent

I planned my haul last night over the course of about 20 minutes while waiting for my game to update. I spent maybe 10 minutes double checking the deals and looking for anything new while at the doctor's office. I spent about 45 minutes total between shopping in store, and getting my pickup order, both of which also included non-deal items. My freebie at Giant Eagle was unexpected and added a negligible amount of time. The cashier's had them at the register, and told me about it while I was putting my stuff on the belt.

 

Food From Deals

I made some Curry Steak Bites with Pasta last week. I also just ate a smoothie bowl which I got from a deal a while ago. I threw in some toppings from some oatmeal deal I got before but didn't like as well as a bit of honey from another deal.

This week I made some spicy chicken patty sandwich wraps, which I didn't bother taking a photo of because it's just a chicken patty (SK deal), chopped up and thrown in a tortilla shell. I was feeling super lazy. I've got some fruit/veggie/snack /whatever platters to make up the next couple weeks though, so we'll see if I can work some rebate magic on those.

 

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can vote on this poll if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/17qoqfk/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_6_to_take_31/

No comments:

Add Comment