Popular Posts

Verbit transcription test

Does anyone have recent experience of applying to become a Freelance Transcriber for Verbit?

I'm a professional Translator so have years of experience with formatting and following style guidelines.

I scored 100% on the grammar test.

Then I proceeded to complete the 2 transcription tests. The first was a clean transcription with 1 person; the second was a verbatim transcription with 3 people (as per attached instructions).

I read the guidelines inside out, researched all the product words and left no unintelligible words. I even had my partner proofread it for me (I know it's not allowed but you know...).

I failed both tests with the scores 50/100. No further feedback.

What's going on? I don't deny I am capable of failing a transcription test (no one's infallible) but I find it strange I would get the same score for such different jobs.

The instructions say it should take around 50 minutes per test but there was no timer so I took my time. Do you think they saw that and took it into consideration?

The Verbit email mentions a customer support email so I emailed them for some further feedback. Three of the 4 email addresses returned with a non-delivery note. My only hope is that the 4th address (the evaluator) will respond (fat chance, I know).

It says I can retake the test but, honestly, I don't know what I could have done better.

submitted by /u/Objective_Sam
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/179x36e/verbit_transcription_test/

No comments:

Add Comment