Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $5 to take $66 worth of Sunscreen, After Sun, Chorizo, Cheese, Pasta Sauce, Skyr, and More!

Here are the goodies.

It's that time of year again. Sunscreen is going on clearance, and the Ibotta deals are plentiful. Keep your eyes out.

Total: $65.72

Coupons: None!

Total Cash Back: $71.44

Final Cost: -$5.72 - Money Maker!

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. The stores are listed in the breakdown image. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. Born Simple Pasta Sauce | Like Air Puffcorn

Note: Individual deals vary by user for most apps. If you don't have the deals right now, you can try checking back later.

 

My Guides

  1. All rebate apps/sites I use and/or know about

  2. How I do my hauls

  3. Beginners guide to using rebate apps/sites - for those who don't know where to start

 

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some Additional Deals

 

Afterthoughts

I ended up having to go out of town again on Tuesday, so of course I stopped at Target and Wegmans again. This time I properly planned ahead, so I grabbed all of offers that I've known about for a while but didn't have at my nearby stores. Unfortunately my midweek bonus was terrible, so I couldn't take advantage of a full Target haul. My bonus this weekend was better, but I just couldn't put together a decent haul. This happens sometimes. I have to do some stuff on Monday, so I'll probably pop by the store again and grab more sun care stuff (if my rebates reset).

 

I finally made a little cardboard backer for my photos to help hide the background, but after seeing it in the photos I don't think I like it.

Dollar General has a $3 off coupon when you spend $3.01+. I forgot to stop by to use mine today, but it's good until the end of the month.

 

Something I noticed today, Aisle now states when offers are exclusive to certain stores. I noticed a couple rebates that were Target only, but it seems there are a lot more exclusive offers now.

I also learned that you can search for "freeibotta" on Ibotta to view all the freebies, BOGO, and other stuff they put on that free page that disappears all the time. It didn't have the Inkbox freebie for me, but it wasn't on the freebie page either.

 

So, a bit of a funny story. A couple weeks ago I got a Health Ade Kombucha for free, and I ended up really liking it. When I was at Wegmans earlier this week, I walked past an aisle with a ton of different flavors. They're a bit too pricey to buy regularly, especially when it's super cheap and supposedly easy to make. So, I decided to just grab a variety of flavors to get an idea of what flavors I like. Now, all of the sudden, I have a ton of rebates for them... for Wal-Mart only. Just my luck, lol.

 

It's that time of year again where stores are swapping out their clothing, so if that's something you need, keep an eye out. Almost every store I went in the other day had things 50-70% off. I got a nice pair of shoes for $6, and a pair of boots for $12. I saw some other shoes for $1-5 at Wal-Mart, but they were junk, and I still have a couple pairs of $1 junkers I got last year.

 

Time Spent

My first Walmart trip took only a few minutes. I was in Target for around 10 minutes, but I was checking out non-deal stuff. I was in Wegmans for a long time, but I just love Wegmans. I only spent maybe 5 minutes grabbing deal items. As for planning, those three stores took maybe 10 minutes total. They were all deals I already knew about. My Wal-Mart haul today took around 15 minutes of planning before I decided I couldn't make a profitable haul while hitting my Ibotta bonus. I spent around 30 minutes in the store, most of which was spent looking over the clearance stuff and doing my regular shopping.

 

Food From Deals

I forgot to take photos this week. I made another 4 pounds of lemon ginger pork jerky. I've had this crystalized lemon from a deal a while ago, but couldn't figure out what to do with it. Turns out, it tastes great with just about any meat. I've been throwing a bit in everything lately. I also made some BBQ popcorn using a lot of seasonings I got as deal items (and some I didn't) and that tomato paste which I turned into powder. I also made a bit more of this Berry "Muffin" popcorn from the leftover mix I had from before.

 

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can vote on this poll if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/15vuofk/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_5_to_take_66/

No comments:

Add Comment