Popular Posts

Screenwise/Ipsos New update Takes Full Control Of Your Phones And Devices. Very Invasive, I'm Leaving The Program Sadly

Hello all,
I was invited at random a couple years ago to participate in the Ipsos/Screenwise program for Google. If you are not familiar with it, they select households at random and ask to monitor your TV viewing habits. You get points every month per each device you let them monitor. Those points can be traded in for gift cards, electronics, household items, even vitamins and experiences. They sent me a very expensive Linksys router with their monitoring software, for free. They also sent me a touchscreen meter that you have to check in and out on, when you watch TV. You can control the meter via your phone or tablet as well.

The first year I was very happy with them and I cashed out $280 in Amazon gift cards. Actually my first year was only 7 months as I started in May and cashed out in December. This year was looking good but they started to become a lot more invasive with each update. You have to run an app on your phones and tablets plus a browser extension on my laptop. They began a few months ago, asking for permission to monitor my chats, texts, photos, etc. I denied it and kept using the program until this week and their latest update. They made it MANDATORY that now you have to give them 100% full control over your devices. It specifically says they will monitor all keystrokes/text, messages, photos, videos, all websites you visit and they can record and screenshot your phone screen. If you don't give the permission, a bar stays on top of your screen and won't go away and every time you go to a webpage, it pops up and asks you to enable it. It says you will not keep receiving points until you give it permission.

I decided to leave the program today and cashed out another $165 in Amazon gift cards. They still owe me some more points and the rep said they will show up at the end of the month and I will have 60 days to use them. I was willing to let them monitor all my TV, Streaming services, etc. I didn't even mind them viewing my webpages I go to on my phones and laptop. What got me mad was them wanting to monitor my private texts, messenger messages, my photos/videos and even be able to record and screenshot what I'm doing at any time on my home screen. I have many conversations with my family and friends that I'd like to keep private. If my wife sends me a sexy pic while I'm at work, I don't want some dude at Screenwise looking at that and passing it around the office. Not to mention, if I log into my bank accounts, brokerage accounts, 401k, work related stuff, etc. They would access to EVERYTHING with their latest update.

So they asked me to send back the router and touchscreen meter vis a fedex label they are mailing out. I'm sad to see an easy way to earn gift cards leaving my house but you have to draw the line somewhere. Just a heads up if you ever get invited to their program, it's easy and legit and you'll get some great equipment from them, but they will demand to see into everything you do. Nothing on

submitted by /u/Phattwoohie
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/wxtjcz/screenwiseipsos_new_update_takes_full_control_of/

No comments:

Add Comment