Popular Posts

I applied to rev and used the site languagetool to check for grammar, but I'm afraid it will get caught as cheating

I transcribed a one minute video for their captioning test, to apply for that. I took everything I transcribed, and copied it into the languagetool site, checked it was correct, no typos, etc. then pasted it back into the test page on my Rev application. I did it for every single line.

I didn't think of it as cheating, since they pay per minute and if I use a grammar tool to get it right, who cares? It's my time. I have good grammar anyway.

I'm already working as a transcriptionist at another site, and use the same site's extension to grammar check. I had to use a different browser for the rev captioning test, so I couldn't check automatically. I did the copying and pasting.

Has anyone done this and passed?

Does anyone know how they catch cheaters? This is from their site:

Of course, It goes without saying that Rev doesn’t tolerate cheating or fraudulent behavior. This includes but isn’t limited to things like copying and pasting the transcription sample or applying too many times in a row.

submitted by /u/cloud2z
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/wif9qu/i_applied_to_rev_and_used_the_site_languagetool/

No comments:

Add Comment