Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $6 to take $92 worth of Shampoo, Clorox Wipes, Candy Bars, Pop, Snacks, and more!

Here are the goodies.

I went to quite a few stores again this week. My Wal-Mart haul wasn't amazing (~$7 for $58 worth of stuff not counting the $5/15 bonus), but the other stores were pretty good. I needed to make progress towards my Ibotta goal though. I'm cutting it a bit too close for my liking.

The Baby Ruth deals come and go quick, so make sure to jump on those as soon as you see them.

 


Total: $91.78

Coupons: $1.00

CVS ECB Earned: $5.00

Total Cash Back: $97.18

Final Cost: -$6.40 - Money Maker!

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. The coupon was a printable one. The coupons at CVS were all digital. For Head & Shoulders I had a $3 store coupon, $3/2 MFR, and $3 off $8 store coupon. For Herbal Essence I had a $3 store coupon, and a $4/2 MFR. All of the other coupons were printable. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. The stores are listed in the breakdown image.

 

Brandclub is a newer addition to my hauls. If you're not familiar with the app, you can read about it on the post I made the other day. I also have a guide about how I do trips like this if you're interested. Note: Individual deals vary by user for most apps. If you don't have the deals right now, you can try checking back later.

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some additional deals I didn't/couldn't take advantage of:

  • Clorox - $3.21 back on MyPoints when you buy 2.

  • Red Gold Tomato Love - Free on Ibotta & $0.25 back on Fetch

  • Evolve - Free single bottle on Ibotta & $0.75 back on Fetch

  • Ready Sports Drink - Free on Ibotta

  • Free Core Bar at Walgreens, CVS, or Speedway on Ibotta

  • Free Tazo Tea on Ibotta. This just popped up this morning for me. I'm a bit sad because I actually liked this the last time I got it, and I normally hate tea. Hopefully the offer is still there on Monday.

  • Free Treasre Cave Blue Cheese Crumbles on Ibotta

  • Back to the Roots Soil - Free at Lowes on Fetch

  • Lots of stacking deals for Maybeline New York on Fetch

  • Lots of stacking deals for Mtn Dew Spark, Major Melon, and Zero on Fetch

  • Swagbucks has $10 back on a $15 purchase of Pure Life water

  • Poligrip - Ibotta + Shopkick + coupon = ~$1.30

  • Free coca cola energy (Single + 4-pack) on Ibotta

  • Kaboom and Oxiclean at Dollar General - Pair with the $5/25 Saturday coupon, and many stores have coupons on the products (mine didn't)

 

Afterthoughts

This week's haul is half great and half so-so. Once again, I had another haul where I shopped at a bunch of stores, and even split it across four different days. There's also a chance that I'll drop by Dollar General on Saturday since I think I can work out a really good deal. I'm getting a bit worn out going to all these store trips though, so I'll probably start reigning that back in.

The Rite Aid hauls were an absolute steal. They currently have the candy bars B1G1 half off, and Swagbucks has $3 back on 2, with a limit of 2 per DAY. Yes, that's right, per day! The deal keeps coming and going though, so you need to jump on it when you see it.

My CVS haul was unexpectedly a money maker. I got $5 ECB from spending $20 on the shampoo, as expected, but I also got a random $2 again, and another $2 back for "10% back in ECB during Epic Beauty". I'm a bit confused about that last one, but I certainly won't complain about extra ECB. Looks like I can also get a free gift if I spend another $6 on beauty stuff by the end of the month.

The Sheetz trip wasn't planned per se. I stopped for gas, and decided to pop in the store for a snack. I noticed the pop there was 2 for $3.50, and I was originally planning to buy them at Wal-Mart ($1.98/each). Turned out Sheetz had an even better offer. I also have a Fetch deal to buy 3 pops (Mtn Dew Spark, Melon, and Zero Sugar). Sheetz didn't have the Zero Sugar, so I meant to pick one up at Wal-Mart, but I got distracted and forgot. Probably for the best though since I also forgot pop is taxed. I wouldn't have drank it, and I don't have an Ibotta offer for Zero Sugar, so it would've been a slight loss (~$0.10).

The Walmart haul was a bit of a bummer though. Quite a few deals disappeared before I got to the store, and quite a few items weren't in the store. I wasn't in tip-top shape, so I just said screw it and grabbed some Core bars. Figured I'd come back to finish the haul later, but I happened to see the Mtn Dew Spark and the Beyond Meat Jerky near the checkout, so I grabbed those and picked up the Apple and Cranberries. I also submitted my receipt for the Kellogg's Free Breakfast promotion, so I should have another $5 coupon on the way soon. Still waiting on the first one. I'll also hit my 5 tokens for April's Kellogg's Family Rewards. The rewards suck this month though, so I'll probably just select the donation option.

All in all, my Ibotta haul cost me about $6 to meet the $5 bonus. I'm okay with that though, because I really needed more offers towards my big bonus, and most of the more costly items were things I love (Applejacks, Cranberries), or been really curious to try (Jerky). Brandclub's offers are all pending right now, but those are the values I expect to earn once they clear in the next week or two.

I also found a lot of cat toys on clearance at my store. Big mixed packs for <$1, and various other toys for $0.75-$2. My cat is enjoying most of them, especially this one blue crinkle fish.

 

Since people frequently ask, I actually timed myself this time. The Rite Aid trips each took about 2 seconds of "planning" and about 2 minutes in the store. My CVS trip took about half an hour total. Their website was being super slow to load and the app was spazzing out. I spent about 5 minutes in sheetz since there was a decent line. I was in Walmart for exactly one hour, and was mostly there for the deals, although I did pick up a handful of other things, spent some time back-and-forth with my mother about the cat toys, and I hurt my foot the night before, so I was walking at a snail's pace. As for the planning for Walmart, it took place on and off over the span of a little over 3 hours while made some phone calls, played with my cat who thinks any sound that comes out of my mouth is a cue for battle, got lost on imgur, ate breakfast, and dealt with various other little things. I was having some difficulty finding enough deals to make the Wal-mart trip worthwhile. As for writing this post... yea, I don't want to think about it. More than all of that combined, haha. Maybe I should stop writing so much in the afterthoughts. Does anyone even read this wall of text?

 

Food From Deals

Since my last post I made a couple loaves of Bread, some Egg, Meat & Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwiches, and Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo - all under $1 each.

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can vote on this poll if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/u9eo25/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_6_to_take_92/

No comments:

Add Comment