Popular Posts

Just a warning with for new mystery shoppers/those thinking about partaking

This sub has definitely saved my bacon when it comes to making a little extra cash from time to time and although it's not used on beer lol it has come in quite handy

Anywho, I thought I'd warn some folks thinking about using this popular Mystery Shopping site. Granted, this is strictly my experience, but I'm hoping others chime in also about their negative experiences, because quite honestly if I'd known any of these issues, I wouldn't have joined nor risked spending my own money/time - which we all find valuable.

My issue with this site while doing online shops is for non-payment, confusing instructions, lack of communication with anyone working for this company, and awful records keeping. This company sends out weekly (or in some cases) daily emails about available shops, but you are mostly kept in the dark about if you're approved to continue the shop, what it entails and whether or not you've been paid. They right off the bat collect your personal information and you will have to file taxes on anything earned because they ask for your social and tax ID number. When you try to look up whether you've been paid, there is a vague receipt but no confirmation as to payment, and unless you're great at record keeping, they may not pay you altogether.

Another annoying experience is their push to make you do "daily" mystery shops but once you've personally committed and are en route, you still have no idea if you'll be compensated for the shop. There is "an approval" clause that they won't respond to until the last minute and they will give you no reason for cancelling your request whatsoever - they simply delete it so it makes you think "hmm maybe I didn't request this after all?" It can become a giant waste of time/your money if you're not careful and to be honest, I'm not sure that it's worth it after all.

I'm sure there are better companies out there for this type of beermoney work, but this company - personally I'd advise to stay away from.

I'm already out around $200 worth of money (not including time) from three separate shops (one in-person, two online) so take it as you will. I also take it that I can't recoup this money from them as they've stopped responding to me via email/contact altogether, so be aware of this also.

submitted by /u/theblacklabradork
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/sbpb65/just_a_warning_with_for_new_mystery_shoppersthose/

No comments:

Add Comment