Popular Posts

Clickworker Data Security Concerns

So I logged into Clickworker with my VPN still active, and my account was instantly suspended. My bad.

I reach out to support, they say they need proof of identity, which I expected.

But they told me to take a photo of my ID, recent mail, and SSN card, and attach the photos to a reply email. Now, I know how to securely send attachments, but the average person doesn't. And if it's company policy to just be sending photos and addresses and SSNs around in unencrypted emails, that is a *huge* red flag for how they treat data security, as an organization. Like this is the identity-theft equivalent of watching a line cook sneeze directly into his bare palm.

I've requested they delete my data but it's almost definitely too late.

submitted by /u/runner64
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/psy1kk/clickworker_data_security_concerns/

No comments:

Add Comment