Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul Part 2: $7 for $57 worth of products - Cranberries, Shampoo, Cereal, Softener, and More

Here are the goodies.

As many of you know, I made a post the other day about my haul for this "week". I wasn't able to finish my bigger bonus that day, and I needed to go back to Wal-Mart anyways so I decided to grab more deals. I got a decent Weekend Warrior bonus, and quite a few of my rebates came back, so that helped a lot.

Once again, I was really focusing on things I like and use rather than making a profit, so my deals reflect that. I could have easily turned this into a money making haul by swapping out the Silk, Downy, and Kashi ($12.49 after rebates & coupons) for things like Tyson Canned Chicken, Renuzit, Core Bars, etc which only cost about $1 each after rebates. If I also passed on the Soylent, this could have potentially been a ~$8 money maker.

 


Total: $56.97

Coupons: $4.00

Total Cash Back: $45.28

Final Cost: $7.69

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. The Downy coupon was a particularly good printable found on PG's website. Usually they're only $1. The Pringles coupon came from Kelloggs Family Rewards. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. I did all my shopping at Wal-Mart.

There's also an offer on Swagbucks for $5 back when you spend $5 on Maybelline products which I didn't take advantage of.

 

I recently made a guide about how I do trips like this if you're interested.

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Afterthoughts

I didn't realize it before, but I have enough Downy now to last me about 4+ years, haha. I rarely see good downy deals so I've been stocking up for a while. It's a good thing I went over to the laundry aisle though, because that's where I found those tiny Werther's candies. I would have never found them otherwise. They definitely weren't around the registers like they say they were.

While I was out, I stumbled upon another rebate user. I'd recognize that Ibotta beep anywhere! They've been playing ads on our local radio station recently, and they had a bunch of signs up for that Thanksgiving deal, so I was bound to see another one of us eventually. It's neat to see one in the wild though.

I also made an additional $19 from FieldAgent while I was out today which was exciting. One job had me do a Wal-Mart pickup order for $15, and the other one had me take two photos of the end caps for some eggs. I've had the Delivery offer for Wal-Mart for a while now, but for some reason my local Wal-Mart discontinued Delivery so I haven't been able to do it.

 

Food From Deals

I decided to make some peanut butter & cranberry bars using some of this haul. The total cost for the pan came to around a dollar, and they are super filling. It sounded a bit weird combo at first, but I got these Nature Valley Peanut Butter & Cranberry Bars from an Ibotta rebate forever ago and fell in love with them. In its simplest form, all you need is oats, cranberries, peanut butter, and marshmallows - which I conveniently got everything except for the oats from Ibotta rebates recently. I could have gotten cheap oatmeal too using Ibotta and Shopkick, but I always have oats in my pantry.

Although they can be made with just a couple ingredients - I like to do half puffed rice or Chex and half oats for extra crunch, half honey and half marshmallows for a more complex flavor, and I throw various other extras in like powdered peanut butter, sunflower seeds (can't really taste them), and some almond slices.

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can fill out this form if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/oz4xg4/this_weeks_grocery_haul_part_2_7_for_57_worth_of/

No comments:

Add Comment