Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $17 to take $152 worth of Sunscreen, Vitamins, Condoms, Snacks, and More!

Here are the goodies.

I usually don't get so many good hauls in a row, but things have just been on fire lately. Checkout51 has been getting some decent rebates again. Swagbucks and their family have had quite a few money makers lately, and Ibotta has been killing it with the bonuses and all the freebies.

This haul absolutely could have been better. There were quite a few money makers that simply weren't at my store or were out of stock. I also chose to buy a few "expensive" (aka: over $1 after rebates) things like the ham which I buy all the time, and the Icee Tubes and Super Pretzels because they sounded delicious. I also ended up getting quite a few more things than needed for the bonus because things didn't credit properly.

 


Total: $152.27

Coupons: $12.00

Total Cash Back: $141.84

Final Cost: -$17.57 - Money Maker!

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. Most of the coupons were printable, except the gogurt one which I loaded to my account. They have a printable one as well. The $3 from the tortilla chips will be redeemed on MyBeerRebate. I usually don't include MyBeerRebate in my breakdowns since I usually don't go out of my way to buy things for them, but I specifically got the tortilla chips for the rebate this time since the rebate was expiring soon. The two separate "Any Eye Drop" rebates were intentional. I had two on my account for some reason. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. I specified which products came from each store in the breakdown image.

If you don't need feminine hygiene products, consider donating them to your local women's shelter or church.

 

I recently made a guide about how I do trips like this if you're interested.

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some additional deals I didn't/couldn't take advantage of:

  • Kotex Security - Liner packages are under $1 and you can get $3 back on Ibotta

  • Fruit of the Loom - Swagbucks has $20 back on 2, and they are $15/each at Wal-Mart

  • L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Gloss Plump - $8/each at Wal-Mart and Swagbucks has $12 back for 2.

  • Starbucks Instant Coffee - $7.98 at Wal-Mart. There's a $2.50 pintable coupon and Ibotta gives $3.50 back.

  • Palmolive - Swagbucks has $5 back on 3. These are $2-2.50 each at Wal-Mart

  • Profusion + Suave Pink - Shopkick has ~$11 cash back for buying both of them. You can get Suave Pink for $5, and many Profusion cosmetics are under $5.

 

Afterthoughts

This trip started out great, but it progressively got worse. I originally planned to get quite a bit more, and it would have been an additional $10 or more in money making + the free products. Unfortunately, half the deals expired before I got to the store, and a ton of things were out of stock. On top of that, my SmartyPants vitamin rebates disappeared from Ibotta right as I went to redeem them. Ibotta's support quickly credited me the amount, but it didn't credit the bonus so I had to run to Giant Eagle to pick up a couple more things. I went the following day, so I just photo shopped in the gogurt and Pepsi into the original image. I'm sure Ibotta would have credited my bonus if I asked, but I wanted to see if the Extra Credit bonus might be worth doing (jokes on me, the Giant Eagle receipt is pending so I won't know anyways). My luck has just been through the floor lately.

When I got home, I noticed there was a $1 peelie on my Alpha burrito. Whoops. That could have been a money maker. Shopkick also has a good deal on the L'Oreal Dream Shampoo, but I did not have that in the store. My coupon was for $4 off 2 L'Oreal though, so I just grabbed something that would qualify. The breakdown chart is a little bit deceiving since I couldn't use the coupon without a second product, meaning that Shampoo was essentially a $0.68 money maker.

The Cetaphil and Alba sunscreens were on clearance at my store, hence the low prices. We rarely get good clearance deals though, so I was pretty excited to see them.

I really wanted to try to hit my $10 Honor Roll bonus. My car was at the shop all week, which meant I was trying to rush to get all these deals at the last minute. It easily could have been a much better haul if I was able to split it up into two trips and hopefully repeat a couple deals. Although, I did violate my motto of "Don't spend even $0.01 more to meet the bonus than you would without it." I calculate that I spent $13.64 to meet the $10 bonus, with $2.99 of that being the Icee Tubes and Super Pretzel which I have been just itching to have an excuse to buy. As such, meeting my last bonus is about a $0.65 loss for me. I am okay with that though, because that Giant Eagle trip wouldn't have happened if the SmartyPants vitamins credited properly.

Hauls like this are nice to come home and see, but it definitely is exhausting to do. I think I spent around 3 hours on and off planning (and then re-planning), and about 2 hours in the stores. I usually don't spend nearly as long, but this was my semi-infrequent trip where I look over every single rebate, and try to hunt down things in the store that aren't shown online.

 

Food From Deals

I made some Mini Blueberry Pies last week. Total cost was under a buck for 9 mini pies not including any extra from money makers.

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can fill out this form if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/pdwq49/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_17_to_take_152/

No comments:

Add Comment