Popular Posts

They want me to put my Paypal password into their website. Help an old gal out -- isn't this weird?

I'm asking this question here because so many of you obviously use the apps. Both Survey Junkie and Qmee want me to put my Paypal password in their app to get paid.

My password to Paypal into their app. ...

I'm 53 and thats NUTS to me.

But obviously people are doing it. Is this normal, now? And safe? Anything to watch out for? (I'm thinking I'll do it then just immediately change my password. ?)

Any other oldsters here to explain to me why this seems to be "normal" now?

(I did get paid from Survey Junkie via bank transfer but I still have cash stuck in Qmee. And I'd rather Paypal both but this is hanging me up.)

Thanks for any explanations!

ETA: Thanks, already, for responses! I thought that seemed crazy but I saw so many positive mentions of SJ and Qmee here and elsewhere.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE DID PUT THEIR PASSWORD IN and how that worked out.

I just sent a message to Survey Junkie asking why they can't just use my email or link. Will update.

EDIT 2: Thanks EVERYBODY! Many of you clearly feel how I do, but I didn't want to clog up the thread with individual Thanks. 😀

I've also emailed Qmee now to ask about this.

Thanks for details that you did this and it was okay. (I might do it and change password, but I also don't like this "link," when it's not anything mentioned obviously at Paypal. But they suck with information, too.)

I still don't like it and I think it's bullshit. Legitimate companies shouldn't be setting this up as "normal," even if they might be trustworthy.

I'll edit again when I hear back from SJ and Qmee.

THANKS TO ALL PEEPS HERE! 😸

submitted by /u/ilivearoundtheblock
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/iidvin/they_want_me_to_put_my_paypal_password_into_their/

No comments:

Add Comment