Popular Posts

Can You Purchase a Money Order with a Prepaid Gift Card?

EDIT - It is a prepaid debit card.

I have a $175 prepaid gift card I received from a focus group. Almost completely forgot about it and it expires at the end of this month. Can you purchase a money order with these cards? Many of the cards have ATM access where you can get cash and deposit to your account but this one does not. I do not know the rules and regulations of money orders but I do know the fees are pretty minimal. Like less than a $1 for every $500. This card works like a debit card with a pin but I read that for some things like these, it reads it as a credit card and won't work.

I did read about structuring and you can get in trouble for this type of method if they choose to pursue it. So wanting another source of advice before trying.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Gringo0928
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/f5v2ch/can_you_purchase_a_money_order_with_a_prepaid/

No comments:

Add Comment