Popular Posts

Passive apps don’t mean totally passive...

So, this is just a reminder not to trust passive apps (Drop, Pei, etc.) to passive and check to make sure they are working often.

I had a very busy first part of 2020,checking these apps slipped my mind and I did not get any notifications that my cards were in-linked or not working in Pei or Drop. Finally, I opened the apps on Sunday to find that Drop was showing a message that CapitalOne no longer works with Drop (Pei did not give me any such message until later). I got to looking though and I hadn’t got ANY credits in either Pei or Drop over the pas 6 weeks! I thought this couldn’t be right (we shop at Target, Trader Joe’s, Starbucks constantly), so I un-linked all my cards (even though they said they were “active”) in both apps and re-linked them (this is when Pei or rather Plaid told me about CapitalOne no longer working) and magically my transactions from my other cards over the past few days started showing up again even though neither app indicated there was a problem. So, I basically lost 6 weeks or rewards because I wasn’t being diligent and opening the apps often and making sure they were crediting correctly.

So, don’t be like me check your “passive” apps often for accuracy.

submitted by /u/tmcb82
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/f5uqg6/passive_apps_dont_mean_totally_passive/

No comments:

Add Comment