Popular Posts

Using Various Site to Maximize Earning from Weight Loss

Hey all!

I've recently embarked on a weight loss journey and I'm looking for ways to monetize it. From previous experience I know I can hit significant goals and milestones - and putting up my own money to make some as a side hustle is even more incentive.

Here are the ones I've signed up for so far:

HealthyWage (REF) / (NON-REF): Seeing plenty of positive testimonials, top rating by BBB - only complaints seem to be inability to cancel bets. Make a bet against yourself that you'll lose a certain amount of weight (at least 10%) before a certain date (minimum 6 months). I'm betting $125/mo I can lose 30lbs in 6months - if I succeed I'll net $480 in profit. If you use my ref both yours and my prize if successful increases by $40.

DietBet (NON-REF): Pay a one-time fee to join a community % weight loss over time bet. Those who succeed on the bet split the pot after DietBet takes their cut. Note that I've seen recommendations that smaller bets with a higher number of participants usually return he largest yield as people aren't as committed. Can do 3 short term bets and 1 long term at the same time. Takes PayPal.

StepBet (NON-REF): Same as DietBet, only with steps/day. Contests typically require 4 days activity, 2 "power" days with a higher requirement, and a cheat day per week. Syncs with AppleHealth so need for a fitbit or anything.

RunBet (NON-REF): Same as the above 2, only with speedwalking / run requirements (such as run for 30 minutes 3x per week at 18min/mile minimum speed). Syncs with free run apps such as Strava.

I'm not sure if these are in the spirit of Beermoney since you have to put up a nest egg to participate, but you're entirely in control of your performance so I don't really consider it a "bet".

Does anyone else have any recommendations for reputable similar services - be it weight loss or activity? Would love to continue to stack incentives!

EDIT: Formatting

submitted by /u/crazyrich
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/djs363/using_various_site_to_maximize_earning_from/

No comments:

Add Comment