Popular Posts

unpopular opinion: Textbroker really isn't that bad??

I've seen some positive reviews of Textbroker on this sub, though it's mixed in with a lot of very negative complaints. Honestly, I started out doing surveys, mTurk, waiting and waiting for UserTesting which I never qualified for, and earned much less than minimum wage per hour through those methods.

Despite the complaints surrounding TB, I actually have found it be very profitable over the past month and a half that I've tried it. In the past week alone, I've made $700 chugging at it nowhere near full time. I work a desk job and, during slow periods, pump out a few articles a day during work and a great deal after work. At this point it's more profitable than my day job.

I purely applied the tried-and-true method that everyone recommends for the site. First, I started off as a four star author, kept doing requests for the same clients over and over, and slowly got picked up by client-specific teams.

Many of the clients really have no concern over quality. With a little bit of practice, you can pump out a six dollar 350 word article in 10-15 minutes. Once I was very familiar with a popular topic, I would search out those topics over and over to keep producing quickly.

As long as your writing is understandable, many clients aren't too particular about quality. I only selected clients with very, very low rejection rates (0.06%) and low revision rates (less than 5%). At first, I wasted a lot of time trying to craft pieces that I would be proud of for clients who were too picky.

I took time to flesh out my profile page with writing samples, experience, a picture, and an introduction. After that I would get requests to join teams related to my educational background or work experience.

I am not sure how good the long term is for Textbroker, since a site administrator could maliciously kick you down a star - if anyone has any insight into how common that is, I'd love to hear more about it. Though I recommend that every author on the site remains very cautious about not self-plagiarizing!

If you are just looking for an introduction into "freelance" writing, Textbroker isn't bad and I would genuinely recommend it (so far). I've had a lovely experience with kind clients who appreciate my writing and have a high volume of articles they need finished.

It's much less of a painful slog than the other really popular methods of getting money on this sub. Writing for Textbroker also motivates me to KEEP writing because I get the genuine sense I am progressing, becoming better at encapsulating and framing ideas quickly. Surveys just make me feel more yucky over time.

Anyways, I know this could all turn sour at any point. Just talking about how well I've been treated on the site could be back luck - knock on wood.

What are other peoples thoughts?

submitted by /u/mlgnnt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/cock7e/unpopular_opinion_textbroker_really_isnt_that_bad/

No comments:

Add Comment