Popular Posts

Making A ~$200 Profit From Mountain Dew Promotion

This is kind of different from a lot of other thing I see on here, but I think it might fit in well.

In the US, Mountain Dew is running a promotion called "DewNited". They have bottles with one of each of the 50 states and if you collect one of each you get a $100 Visa gift card. You can do this up to five times during the promotion.

So in order to maximize the profits from this, you have to collect 5 of each state, making a total of 250 bottles; which would net you $500 in Visa gift cards.

Today I went out and bought 22 6-packs of 16oz bottles for $3.05 each. From the 132 bottles I bought, I found 109 that I could use after removing duplicates. Based on my observations and the information on the website, each retailer gets a different mix of states, so it's likely not going to be worth it to buy anymore six packs, at least from that particular Wal-Mart. My plan from here is to go to a few local gas stations (Sheetz) and look for individual bottles I need, which they sell for $1.58 each.

I've projected the net earnings as such:

6-Packs: -$3.05 * 22 = -$67.10

Individual Bottles: $1.58 * 141 = -$222.78

Visa Gift Cards: +$500

Credit Card Reward Points: $289.88 * 0.05 = +$14.49

Grand Total: $224.61

On top of all this, Sheetz has a reward program that gives points for in-store purchases, which means I'll most likely spend enough money there to buy at least 2 whole subs.

Theoretically, I could go to to other stores in the area and look for 6-packs with different mixtures to increase my profit., but I'm not sure I want to risk wasting money on states I already have.

Any thoughts on how I could maximize the profit on this?

submitted by /u/00_oo_00_oo_00
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/c01uog/making_a_200_profit_from_mountain_dew_promotion/

No comments:

Add Comment