Popular Posts

The Ensh*ttification of Usertesting

Warning about Usertesting: if their test software breaks (which it does frequently) you've likely sunk all that time into a test for no compensation.

Their recorder extension has been buggy for me since the spring. According to reddit, it's been happening for many others. I did all of their required and unrequired updates in Chrome, etc. Had several tests where their buttons freeze at the end of the test, or simply never starts uploading.

Last year their support would respond at least eventually. Now they send an automated email with troubleshooting steps, and completely ghost. I'm very thorough and went through all those steps before contacting them. I've been waiting weeks and month with nada response.

I've been a 5 star tester over a year, and don't reach out to support unless it's a last resort. One time I realized my phone didn't upload a test due to not enough space on my phone and I accepted/ate the loss.

Usertesting seems like a good idea that used to be very functional for both company researchers and test-takers. It's been run into the ground by tech bros, with the longstanding bugs they're not fixing. The lights are on, but nobody's home.

It's a great example of the "enshittification" of online companies. It's dehumanizing and disrespectful to us, the people who make their profits possible.

It was nice while it lasted but if they don't care enough to be accountable to testers, I refuse to do anymore labor for their unmoderated tests.

Anyway, big thanks to you all at r/beermoney for getting me going on the online gig work! There are plenty of legit companies out there who won't pull this garbage.

submitted by /u/Dratini_ghost
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1ew9e68/the_enshttification_of_usertesting/

No comments:

Add Comment