Popular Posts

Sketchy "Focus Group"?

I've been getting calls from User Interviews about a focus group that I signed up for, so when I finally picked up, I was asked if I was interested in participating in the onsite study. It paid pretty well but other than the general location and that it was a "mock trial," no details were provided. I quickly looked through my e-mail to see if I could dig up more information and all the confirmation e-mail said was that it was a "Paid Focus Group." I was being hesitant and saying that I wasn't sure what this study was about and the response I got was a passive-aggressive, "Well, that's why I'm giving you the details right now," with the only details being a "mock trial" at a certain location and time. When I asked if I could call back if I'm interested, she said, "Well, the seats are going fast so you might as well decide now," in way that sounded like she was trying to pressure me to say yes. Anyway, I began sensing red flags on top of her aggressive tone and irritable behavior and said that I'll pass, to which she started saying something and cut off midway.

Has anyone participated in something that lacked details as much as this did? I've done a few User Interview sessions that provided a lot more information upfront so I know there are legitimate ones, but this one felt "off" in many ways.

submitted by /u/luxifairy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1et66b0/sketchy_focus_group/

No comments:

Add Comment