Popular Posts

Don’t rely on notices that you are banned by any survey companies.

I have had two strange experiences being “banned” from survey sites only to find out that the bans were lifted and I could continue using them.

The first was Life Points. I had cashed out approximately 4 times and contacted them when my attempts to cash out a 5th time kept being rejected. In response I got an email claiming I was banned because I had failed quality checks or something like that. I was bummed because I had about $11 to cash out.

But something in my gut told me not to give up. Every few days I tried to cash out. Then I started getting email notices that there was a new survey they wanted me to participate in. So I did. And then sent them another notice that I was having trouble cashing out.

Inexplicably they put the transfer through for double the amount. And I’ve continued to do surveys and cashing out as if I had never been banned.

The second was with Prolific. I had accidentally been using a laptop that had “allow vpn” turned on. They notified me and I explained that I had not known what a vpn is but upon researching found one of my devices had it on. I then got what sounded like an unprofessional email saying I was permanently banned and the decision was final so I should not ask for reconsideration.

That blew me away saying not to ask for reconsideration so I accepted it. But again my gut felt something was not right so after a few weeks I opened the Prolific page to see if studies were available and there were. I went ahead and did numerous studies and cashed out. I’ve continued to do them and cashing out as if nothing happened. (I have never had a study response rejected ever by the way.).

Weirdly neither of these companies notified me when they reversed the ban and both of them reversed it without me appealing the ban.

The only conclusion that makes sense to me is that there are unprofessional unskilled people working at these sites who’s decision to ban might be reviewed by supervisors and overturned from within and they don’t communicate it because they would have to tell someone who is not appealing the ban that it was their mistake.

I think it would be smart if we’re ever banned to go back and try to get back on as if nothing happened and even send a ticket saying cashout isn’t working.

submitted by /u/LinenGarments
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/1d7zd0h/dont_rely_on_notices_that_you_are_banned_by_any/

No comments:

Add Comment