Popular Posts

Is MTurk worth it for new users? (ZERO rejections on CCR yet this happens...)

*I initially posted to CCR's sub, but it wouldn't let me directly crosspost for some reason. Mostly coming here for site recommendations...

After being on CCR for a little under a month, I just received the "Due to a high number of signups, your account has been waitlisted. Please contact us for more information." message and am absolutely flummoxed. I completed over 40 projects, accruing $50+ in that timespan (if this matters at all). I had ZERO rejections, with only one returned study. Furthermore, at the risk of sounding like a braggart, I'd consider myself a competent survey taker. I read instructions and questions thoroughly, composed elaborate answers to open-ended prompts when asked, and double-checked my work before submission to the best of my abilities. Never did I lie about myself for perceived "benefits". Hell, I have a background in the social sciences, so many of these academic research studies were in my wheelhouse.

The only, possible rationales I have for my "ban" are my demographics—unmarried, college-educated, white woman in her mid-20s; the fact that I'm a night owl at the moment, so I almost always missed studies during peak business hours; and my often refreshing the website, both on my laptop and my phone. (Did incognito mode for the latter somehow flag their servers?)

Nevertheless, since others previously mentioned that contacting them regarding this issue is futile, I have two remaining questions:

  1. IIRC, I was part of several, ongoing studies. Is there any chance of me being allowed to partake in the final questionnaires, whenever they are released?
  2. My title question was mostly in jest, but I am curious. Currently, I'm waitlisted for Prolific, though I won't hold my breath on that one. Is there another site besides MTurk where I can take legitimate research studies through universities and other organizations? I'll miss this type of "work" in the interim.
submitted by /u/CappuccinotheBear
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/14wc8u7/is_mturk_worth_it_for_new_users_zero_rejections/

No comments:

Add Comment