Popular Posts

Payoneer new fee

I mostly use Paypal for my beer money gigs but there are a few sites that require that I use Payoneer (I am in Canada). So far, I have not had any issues but intensely dislike that I need to have 50USD before I can withdraw my funds which can take some time to accumulate.

I was shocked when I saw the following message in my alerts on the Payoneer website (don't recall ever getting an email so just happened to see it by chance: *We’re updating the criteria for charging an Annual Account Fee of 29.95 USD.Starting from May 18, 2023, an Annual Account Fee will be charged if 12 months pass and you have received less than 2,000.00 USD (or equivalent) in payments.****Note that if you have not received 2,000.00 USD (or equivalent) in payments between May 18, 2022 and May 18, 2023 and did not already pay an Annual Account Fee during this period, this fee will be charged.***Please remember, if at any time you do not wish to continue using Payoneer, you can close your account for free.

I am absolutely appalled by this. How is this even legal when they are going back the previous year. Many people make less than 2,000USD in gig work especially when the majority of the sites pay with Paypal and only get the odd little jobs that pay by Payoneer (Appen doesn't have much going on lately as well and they use Payoneer which is why I originally created my account).

I have 28$ sitting in my Payoneer account and I certainly don't want to get charged 30$ USD for bogus reasons. I am assuming that they would be able to charge my bank account as well if the funds are not there. I am so discouraged because Clickworker and Appen use Payoneer which is appalling. I still have a few outstanding payments that are due to me for May from Clickworker and perhaps another company and that means that if I remain with them, they will take out 30$.

And many people make very little on Clickworker as well which means that they will be working even harder to make up for those 30$ fees. Is it even worth it anymore if you do this work and only make less than 50$ per month.

I think that Payoneer is dishonest and in my country, this type of reverve billing is illegal. I wonder if Clickworker and Appen can help and not use Payoneer. There has to be a better solution because Payoneer is really dodgy and what they are doing is unethical and incredibly unjust.

I know that it does not apply to some countries like the US but I am in Canada and I am affected including many other countries. This is grossly unfair to other countries that cannot have access to Paypal as well. Clickworker is apparently looking into other ways to pay instead of Payoneer. It worked well with Paypal for several years but they switched over last year for my country for some reason.

I think what bothers me the most if that that this is retro so they are charging you for the previous year instead of starting in May. I don't understand how this is even legal. I mean, they also charge 3.00 dollars USD for every transaction as well so this is beyond the pale.

submitted by /u/Chanterellelovescats
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/12trcxj/payoneer_new_fee/

No comments:

Add Comment