Popular Posts

Can I withdraw my consent from a study if they don't pay me? (A RANT, but also serious question)

So annoyed.

I did an eight week study with York University in Canada. To be honest I did it more for the experience than the money. The compensation is small- but I am pretty peeved out of principle.

I got the study off of Mturk. Showed up every week and took it very seriously.

When they were about to wire transfer the payment... they used a website that only dealt with Canadian banks. I'm in the US. It wouldn't work with my bank.

They asked if they could send a check. I agreed.

The check never came. This was a month ago.

When I emailed the point person they replied "the check has been mailed".

I know the mail is dodgy these days, but in my gut I don't believe they sent it. I sent an email asking what day it was mailed so I could figure out when to expect it. No response.

I then asked if I could be paid through Mturk instead. Still no response.

I send an email every 3-4 days. They no longer answer me.

So I reached out to the researcher last week. She apologized and asked for my address again. Still no check.

To be honest I don't believe the check was ever mailed. The money is small, but it is such a disrespectful way to treat their participants.

I feel as if they have no intention of paying me and are hoping I will forget about it.

Can I withdraw my consent from their study since they didn't keep up their end of the agreement? I don't like being treated like this.

submitted by /u/Psychological-Car715
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/11bq5yt/can_i_withdraw_my_consent_from_a_study_if_they/

No comments:

Add Comment