Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: I got paid $4 to take $28 worth of Tylenol, Body wash, Chocolate Bars, Pretzels, and More!

Here are the goodies.

Another week of no coupons. I expect this to become more common now since Ibotta doesn't allow coupons at Walmart. It was a pretty small haul, but I'm pleased with it.

 

Total: $27.73

Coupons: None!

Total Cash Back: $32.27

Final Cost: -$4.54 - Money Maker!

Photo of the haul.


 

Here is the complete break down and sites used. If the image looks fuzzy, please zoom in or right click and open the image in a new tab. Imgur is being weird. I don't include sites that take any receipt such as Coinout, ReceiptPal, etc on my breakdown. The stores are listed in the breakdown image. Brandclub takes a while to credit, so the amounts listed are what I expect to get once it finishes pending.

Note: Individual deals vary by user for most apps. If you don't have the deals right now, you can try checking back later.

 

My Guides

  1. All rebate apps/sites I use and/or know about

  2. How I do my hauls

  3. Beginners guide to using rebate apps/sites - for those who don't know where to start

 

If you aren't interested in this kind of thing, please keep your comments to yourself. If you don't like what I buy, you can buy different products. If you don't like hunting for deals, you can do surveys, microtasks, games or whatever else you like instead. There is no need to discourage other users just because you aren't interested in the same things!

 

Some additional deals I didn't/couldn't take advantage of:

 

  • Covergirl is on IB and coupons.com. My store had quite a bit on clearance which could have brought them down to ~$1-2 per container.

  • Klondike cones - Fetch has 75% off and there's 300 kicks back on SK. It comes down to ~$0.80 for a pack.

  • Clorox Disinfecting Mist - There's an offer on Ibotta and coupons.com. Brings the total down to around $1-2

  • The little potato company - SK has ~$2 back per bag. I'm not sure how much they cost though.

  • Dove chocolate - 100% cash back on Fetch

  • Temptations Puree - $2.50 back on fetch when you spend $2.50 (careful! these are on clearance for $2.36 at my store so you'd need to buy 2!) There may also be BC surveys.

  • Snickers and Twix Shakers are on SB and C51

  • Tons of ice cream rebates on SK for 450 kicks each (I expect more ice cream rebates to pop up as we get further into the fall months)

  • Dove men+care - There's a few stacking deals on fetch, and possible surveys on BC

  • Barilla pasta & Sauce - IB has a rebate for 2 boxes of pasta, and fetch has back on a rebate for a box + red sauce.

  • Lots of rebates for shick on IB and coupons.com

  • Yoplait Cereal cups - Cost $1.12, and there's rebates on coupons.com, IB, and fetch that bring it to like $0.75 for 3

  • Mr Clean Products - $1 back on SK and $0.50 on IB

  • Free bag of Like Air Puffcorn - Refund via PayPal or Venmo. Must purchase in-store or for curbside pickup. Expiration date unknown.

  • Various freebies on Ibotta.

  • Various deals I've done in previous weeks can still be done.

 

Afterthoughts

Today's haul was a little one, but it was a surprisingly high money maker for how little I got. I happened to walk by the Tylenol and noticed one for ~$4 and I knew I saw a couple $2 rebates so I grabbed it. I was pleasantly surprised to see the $1.50 back on BC when I got home. I also wasn't expecting the Gatsby Bars to be only $1. They're originally $3-4 or so but they were marked at $1 at my store. Too bad IB had a limit of 2. Hopefully the offer comes back though. I also noticed a few clearance items that would have came to ~$1 or so, but I didn't need any of the items neither for personal use nor to hit the bonus. I could have made my haul a better money maker by simply not getting 2 of the more expensive deals (since I found better ones), but it slipped my mind at the time. I have to get back in the swing of things.

I've been noticing a lot of freebies on Ibotta lately - none of which last long. I've seen at least 3 this past week that I missed. I also noticed C51 updated their app recently. It looks nicer at a glance, I suppose, but it's a lot more tedious to look for offers and use now. I'm also not sure where the offers for watching videos went.

 

Time Spent

I casually looked through the apps during the 30 min or so that I went for a walk. I forgot to time myself in the store, but I generally spend 45-60 minutes in the store, including shopping for my regular stuff.

 

Food From Deals

Last week I made some Cinnamon Swirl Bread which I turned into french toast and it was heavenly. I also made some Apple cinnamon rolls and garlic rolls again, as well as some more cheerio bars. This time in apple cinnamon. I also threw my flavored lemonade in the photo, which I make all the time and forget to mention.

 

Do you guys want me to continue showing things I've made using ingredients I got from rebate apps on these posts? Let me know in the comments, or you can vote on this poll if you want to remain anonymous.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/yco67e/this_weeks_grocery_haul_i_got_paid_4_to_take_28/

No comments:

Add Comment