Popular Posts

New to Appen and only task submission "violates guidelines"

So just registered with Appen yesterday and did the 1st task which leads you to verify your cell # with a text. No problem. Then went on to do the only other being offered which was confirming merger and acquisition details in news articles. I timed out on the first attempt as I was initially focused on being overly cautious wrapping my head around what they wanted me to do. The same task was still available, it may be a training exercise not sure, so I did it again. This time finished with time to spare but got an error saying (I forget the exact wording) it couldn't be accepted because it violated their guidelines. I sent a message to staff letting them know along with the job and my user numbers, but no response yet.

So my questions, is this some issue with the task, is it perceiving some wrong doing on my part, or is this it's way of telling me I failed to get enough of it correct or something? It gives no indication of anything I did being correct or incorrect. Just error... guidelines violated.

Also where are the jobs putting bounding boxes around animals and whatnot? And the other tasks like categorizing pictures? Those seemed to be the focus they showed signing up, then all I'm given is this tedious merger and acquisition thing that I can even submit.

And if anyone has done that M&A task how are you supposed to answer when the news article states two companies jointly acquired a 3rd company but the two parent companies didn't merge? Their wording is all specifically one company acquiring another, nothing about 2 companies splitting a 3rd company.

And I'm new to the AI training data scene and primarily just stuck to academic studies in the past. Any better recommended AI training data sites? Was just trying to branch out when that's slow and I have nothing to do and not a fan of transcription so much (did QA World for a bit) or the swagbucks type crap.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise o7

submitted by /u/Fattywompus_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/y9f72d/new_to_appen_and_only_task_submission_violates/

No comments:

Add Comment