Popular Posts

GrabPoints ID Issue/Account Suspended

I started using GrabPoints this past weekend for the hell of it, and I surprisingly racked up a good number of points relatively quickly...around 40K. I wanted to see how the PayPal process worked, so I converted $20 worth of points and had it sent to my PayPal account.

Yesterday morning I got an email requesting an ID verification check, so I submitted a selfie and photo of my Driver's License.

I get an email saying they are "concerned" that I submitted a DC Driver's License, but the location tagged on the verification check was in Maryland. Makes sense, DC is a small city, and I live less than a mile away from Maryland. My phone frequently thinks I am either in Virginia or Maryland depending on what part of the District I am in.

I responded back to the email with that info, and I just tried to login now, and my account is now suspended.

Given the time of day they seem to be responding to my emails/tickets, I would assume that their IT support is located abroad, and it's often hard for people not from the US (hell it's often hard for people from the US) to understand that DC is literally so small and isn't like a true state...despite us having driver's licenses and such.

It's not that big of a deal (it's only beer money) but I am wondering if I should just walk away and leave it at that or if it's worth trying to re-explain everything.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/walkallover1991
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/y2br7f/grabpoints_id_issueaccount_suspended/

No comments:

Add Comment