Popular Posts

Current - has anyone else here tried this app?

I've marked this as a rant because while I would like to hear other people's experience with this app, I also need to get my own thoughts about it off my chest.

Not sure where I heard about Current but it was billed as an app where you "make money listening to music". Yeah right, the rate at which you "make money" is so slow that you're going to be listening to music until next year before you get $2 out of it. Not really the issue though because it turns out that the main source of income on this app is through the offer wall with jobs such as playing games, signing up for websites etc.

Even though this app insists on things like disabling developer settings and taking over your lock screen with adverts or else it won't work properly for some reason, I thought that I would give it a go for a while because the rewards for playing games seemed potentially a little bit higher than what I'm used to.

The biggest red flag for me was referrals. I ran an advert on a particular website where I had some credit using my referral link. I ended up with 24 unique clicks in total on my ad but not a single credit for referrals in the app. I thought it was strange that all of these people were interested enough in the advert to click but that not one actually downloaded the app and checked it out. Although it's definitely possible so my next step was to ask a friend to install the app using my referral link so that I could see for myself. Surprise surprise, not a single credit for that referral either.

Still, I guess I was dumb enough to continue with this. I'm a little desperate for a bit of extra cash right now and I saw no harm in playing a dumb game or 2 for the next couple of days for a bit of pocket money. In the start, it seemed pretty good. Smaller tasks for smaller amounts of credits (that didn't yet reach the threshold for withdrawal) were credited to my app the very second that I completed them. But the moment I completed a task that would pay me enough to get something out of this - nothing.

I waited over 24 hours before finally making use of the "report job" function in the app. At this point I received an email from someone at 'Fyber' (the ad company responsible for this offer wall) telling me to describe my issues and include a screenshot of the job that I had done as proof. They also used the exact words "You can count on us to respond to your email in 36 hours or less!" I did exactly as asked.

48 hours later - still no response or credit for my tasks completed. So I replied to their email again asking what the hell is going on. Still no response at this point hours later.

Has anyone else here ever used this app and actually made any cash from it? Is there something strange going on in my particular case or have I fallen for a scam? I want to remove this piece of shit RAM hogging, battery draining app from my device now but I'm also worried that Murphy's Law will kick in and the moment I uninstall it is the moment that I get credited. What do you guys say?

submitted by /u/Zero22xx
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/p1sdht/current_has_anyone_else_here_tried_this_app/

No comments:

Add Comment