Popular Posts

Copywriting Jobs?

Hey, all.

I decided to post this question here as although it (at a first glance) fits in with /r/workonline's mandate, I'm not actually looking to make a living wage; £10.00/$10.00 a day or more would do me just fine. I'm basically looking to save up for newer PC components, to take courses to expand my skill-sets (Pluralsight, for example, is like $30.00 a month), and to pay for small luxuries like sweets and booze (I love honey-flavoured whiskey).

Basically, I have a bit of free time on my hands at the moment that varies day by day, and I have some freelance experience in copywriting (such as promotional emails/offers, article writing and rewriting, et cetera -- I can research things pretty in-depth if given a day beforehand, so I can be pretty broad about what I write). So, I thought "why not use my spare time to make a bit of extra cash?"

However, Fiverr and its ilk wouldn't be a good idea due to numerous factors that would ill-fit into my current daily situation (such as strict deadlines regardless of the work-amount you're buried under, competition, pushy buyers -- I've experienced all three repeatedly, and the stress is terrible).

I've thought about content mills, and the "pick your assignments and get them done at any time" aspect is the most appealing to me, but apparently the pay on them is so low that it'd be more efficient to spend my time just trying my luck on a survey router on a GPT site, heh.

It's also the same deal with transcription companies like Scribie (seriously, not worth it -- their pay is so low for the effort required that they're borderline scammers) and Rev (that place has problems, 'nuff said).

UHRS is sadly threadbare these days, and although I've applied for Appen's various projects, it's been months on months without word from any of them, so I'm sure that is all pretty much a dead end (Lionbridge is a no-go, too).

I'd also prefer if I could find something that pays out in cryptocurrency, too: I'm also looking to stash away as much Safemoon as I can, you see.

I've thought about the /r/slavelabour and /r/hireawriter subreddits, but the competition on those two is pretty fierce, like on Fiverr -- is it still worth trying my luck there, though?

So, does anyone have any ideas? I live in the UK, by the way.

submitted by /u/MidgardWyrm
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/p0ugoc/copywriting_jobs/

No comments:

Add Comment