Popular Posts

Aisle - Cash back for purchasing specific products & scanning your receipt

Aisle

Aisle is an service that gives you rebates when you purchase specific products and scan your receipt. For better or worse, they are pretty unique compared to other similar apps. Aisle does not use an app. You view the available rebates on the website, and everything else is entirely mobile-text based.

In its current state, I really do not recommend using this site. I go more into detail in the con's list and at the bottom of this post.

 

Minimum Cash Out None. You automatically receive your entire balance.
Cash Out Options Venmo, supposedly. (More info below)
Minimum Age None specified. Venmo requires the user to be 18 years or older though.
Countries Not specified. It works in the USA though.
Personal Information Required Name, phone number
Referral Program Some people supposedly have a referral, but most don't
Contacting Support Text the number you got your welcome message from (don't lose this number! It's unique to your account!) They also have social media links on their page, which may be the only way to contact them if you lose their number.
Ways to Earn Purchase specific products for rebates

 

Pros

 

Cons

  • Receipts must be uploaded within 3 days

  • There is a waitlist to join. There wasn't one when I joined, and considering the state of things I don't expect them to be accepting people any time soon. At least, I sincerely hope they don't until they get things fixed

  • Support is entirely mobile-text based. Once you reply, you are sent to the bottom of the stack. Sometimes they lose your "ticket" and you'll have to send another message.

  • You get a unique text number assigned to your account. Make sure to save this, because you're out of luck if you lose it.

  • You have to keep track of which rebates you've redeemed. There is a limit, but there is no way to see what you've already done unless you go through your texts and see what you redeemed.

  • You must give them your phone number

  • There might not be a signup bonus. Their welcome message says there is, and I received mine, but many people were reporting that they were refusing to give the signup bonus even though their welcome message said they would receive it.

  • Their website is a mess. I don't think it looks good, but even ignoring that, it has problems. They seem to be missing a ToS. There's nothing telling you how to contact support. The FAQ on their home page is lacking, to say the least, but they have another FAQ which you can only get to if you just so happen to know where to look. They switched their from gotoaisle.com to textaisle.com a while ago, but they haven't switched hardly anything over or fixed the links.

 

Overall opinion

I really do not care for this site, and in its current state I cannot recommend using it. Many of the rebates are pretty good, but it really feels like it is run by children.

There is absolutely no professionalism in it, at all, which is clear from the get go. The front website is a bit silly, but not too bad. The unprofessionalism becomes even more obvious once you read their somewhat hidden FAQ and you get your welcome message. All of their automated replies are extremely confusing. I feel like a grandpa talking to my great grand children. For example, when I submitted my receipt, I was sent some "witty" reply saying "Deli counters at the supermarkets be like: pick your ticket and we'll text you when it's your turn LOL". It wasn't until sometime the next day that they acknowledged I would be getting my rebate.

Their FAQ makes it seem like they care, but they do not hold up with what they have promised. The biggest issue for me is that they state that you will get your cash back by the end of the day (which really isn't realistic since they don't specify a cutoff time), and they even say that they will let us know if there's any reason why the payment would be delayed. It took nearly a month to receive my payment after sending numerous messages to support. At one point they attempted to send another test amount to my Venmo (I was never informed there was supposed to be one the first time), which I told them I didn't receive. Two days later they finally admitted that they were having problems with their payment processor, and they said I should receive it the following day. Remember, they promised to pay "by the end of the day". At this point, it had already been two weeks since I attempted to redeem my rebate, and upon further review other users had been having payment issues even before I signed up. So much for letting us know that payment would be delayed.

Their support messages were within 24 hours at first, but it progressively took longer and longer. They supposedly pay only to Venmo by your phone number, but their system wasn't sending anything to my phone number for some reason. Support said they would try sending it to my email (which they never asked for), so I gave them my email. A week later I suddenly got paid via PayPal. There was no acknowledgement that they got my email. I was never asked about sending it to PayPal. The money just showed up. I'm okay with PayPal, I like it more than Venmo anyways, but it's definitely a problem that I wasn't even told about it.

It is very clear that this is a work in progress, but I am not confident that they are making any progress. It might not hurt to join the waitlist now if you don't mind handing over your mobile number, but I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything that you normally wouldn't.

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/pcmk3e/aisle_cash_back_for_purchasing_specific_products/

No comments:

Add Comment