Popular Posts

Not happy with Audio Bee. They turned doing 230 recording tasks into doing 1000 somehow and won't respond to my emails

Normally I wouldn't post and complain, but this is kind of egregious.

They're an audio recording site that touts that you can "Become a freelancer!" with " Pay-as-you-go jobs from home at $5 – $50 / task" I discovered them last year when a recording job of theirs was posted here, and they did pay me well for that job. In February they sent me an email saying there was a recording job I could do.

The job was for 230 recordings at $11.50 for their estimated time of 25--35 minutes. Their system kept freezing while I was recording, and it was tough, even impossible at times to go back and re-record a phrase if I didn't like how it sounded. Once I completed the job, I got an email saying some of my recordings were incorrect and to re-do them. A couple were cut off at the end but most said my audio didn't match what the recording should say. I figured re-recording a couple wasn't too bad, especially since their system kept freezing while I was recording. But then I got another email to fix recordings...and another....at this point it's unusual. How can I be incorrectly saying this many phrases when they're on the screen in front of me? I decided I'd re-record phrases one final time. Then I realized that now the phrases were no longer mentioning the reason why I needed to re-record them, and they seemed to be entirely new phrases. I go and look on my dashboard, and lo and behold instead of 230 tasks it now says 1000 for the same job! No mention of extra pay or anything. At this point I definitely spent over 35 minutes on this project too.

I emailed them letting them know what happened and asking if I now have to do all 1000 to get paid, and if there is a pay increase for the added tasks. No response. I waited a week follow up with another email. No response. I waited another week, ask again. No response as usual.

And they didn't wind up paying me, and have my recordings that they can now use. So just a warning to be careful with them. My experience with them has been a great hit and then a really big miss. I'll be proceeding with extreme caution with them in the future, if I decide to work for them again at all.

submitted by /u/Rainingcatsnstuff
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/mgg25c/not_happy_with_audio_bee_they_turned_doing_230/

No comments:

Add Comment