Popular Posts

How screwed am I? Reporting for unemployment/taxes

I'm going to consult with an actual tax person soon, but since my question is specific to this sub I wanted to check here for advice first.

Last year was my first year actually making a decent amount of money (600 USD) from prolific. I made about $10 on mturk as I didn't use it as much.

At this point I researched and I should report that on taxes for California, since it's 600, right? It's also my first time doing taxes. The thing is I have not been reporting that on my UI claim... I figured I was making a few bucks a week and it was too casual to report. I feel dumb as hell for not keeping track weekly.

I'm genuinely scared and I feel like an idiot. I didn't think I was making that much. I'm living in a van, and lost my job last year due to covid. How f*cked am I?

submitted by /u/zzzjinn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/lq9cfa/how_screwed_am_i_reporting_for_unemploymenttaxes/

No comments:

Add Comment