Popular Posts

This week's grocery haul: $1 for $80 worth of products - Soap, Softener, Batteries, Vitamins and other essentials! Plus $36 for $76 in Cat Food & Litter.

This week's goodies.

This week's haul was nuts. I normally don't get so much, but I found so many good deals that I just couldn't pass up. I didn't plan this trip around an Ibotta bonus, but one came up right before I went to the store. I sure won't complain about an extra $5!

The deals I got on the cat food were so-so. I definitely recommend getting them on sale at a store like Target or Publix instead since you can get a much better value. Unfortunately, I live in a small town with few stores, so Wal-Mart was the best choice I had. The discount wasn't terrible (~38% off), but it could have been better with a good sale. I know not everyone has a cat or needs this stuff, so I separated it out below for those who aren't interested.

 

With Cat Stuff
Total Spent $80.50 $156.27
Coupons $8.75 $15.50
Total Cash Back $81.02 $104.26
Final Cost $0.73 $36.51

Photo of the haul.

 

Breakdown

Breakdown and the apps used are in the image here.

 

I do not include apps that take any-receipt in my breakdowns. Most of the coupons were printable coupons. The only one that wasn't was the Persil coupon which I think I got it with a sample in the mail or from the Wal-Mart Kiosk. It's been in my wallet for a while.

 

Online rebates

There is currently a promotion where you get a $5 gift card (or possibly PayPal) for spending $15 on Energizer products in a single transaction. It's for age 18+ USA members and runs until 2/28/2021. You will be asked for your name, address, phone number, date of birth, and a copy of your receipt. You can purchase it anywhere except for Lowes (I wonder what they have against lowes...) When you purchase it at Target, Home Depot, or Wal-Mart you will receive a $5 e-gift card for that store. Purchasing at Walgreens gets you a $5 physical gift card. Postmate gives you a $5 credit via email which must be used on a Walgreens purchase within 14 days. Any other retailer (except lowes) will let you have either a Visa, PayPal, or Venmo. You are allowed to get up to 4 rewards per household, but only up to 2 per day! Make sure each $15 purchase is on a separate receipt. Full terms.

 

Dr Elsey's and Arm & Hammer currently have rebates for their kitty litter. I was going to pick up some Dr Elsey's at the store, but then I found out I can just order it on Amazon and get a bigger bag. They will refund up to $20 on your purchase of any kind and any size - limited to one per lifetime with no specified expiration. Arm & Hammer has four rebates for specific products and sizes. One kind expires at the end of 2020, the other one expires on 7/31/21. Neither offer will mail a refund to a PO box. If you don't need the litter and don't mind spending a bit on tax, consider buying them and donating them to your local animal shelter!

 

Edgewell (the maker of the following brands) is currently running a promotion where users get a $5 Wal-Mart gift card for purchasing Carefree, Stayfree, Playtex Sport, and o.b. You can claim the promotion twice per household; however, they must be on separate receipts! Only certain products qualify so make sure to check beforehand. The offer runs until the end of this month. Ibotta currently has deals for all of these products, as well as a $1 bonus for purchasing both Carefree and Stayfree. I got the Carefree last week, but I forgot my coupon so I had to wait to get the Stayfree. I got a second Stayfree product so I could take advantage of the $2 off 2 coupon, and it helped make it an even better deal.

 

Other Notes

The current Ibotta Mid Week Harvest bonus seems to count any brand items this week. I didn't personally test it since I bought a ton of stuff, but it isn't mentioned anywhere on the bonus!

Swagbucks currently has $0.10 back on any brand of milk, apples, and whipped cream, pie crust, and turkey. I did get some more Ferrero candy. Unfortunately, just a few hours after my last post they reduced it down to $5 instead of $10, but it's still a great deal, and they make great christmas gifts. I also did the Arm & Hammer Deodorant deal again since you can do it each week! I was a bit shocked that I got the additional $2 on the Energizer batteries. I only expected to get credited the $7.50 for buying two, but that did make it an even better deal.

I normally try to only post the freebie or money making deals, but this time I decided to show off some of the things you can still get for pretty dang cheap such as Country Crock for $1.15, a bag of Thomas Croissants for $0.40, and the Energizer batteries which ends up being around $0.50 after tax.

If you don't have a need for feminine products, consider donating them to your local womens shelter or a nearby church.

I already did the Thanksgiving Ibotta deals (minus the green beans which our store doesn't carry). Once again there were quite a few freebies that I couldn't get, but I was able to find the Mtn Dew Frost! I also found another "freebie" which cost more than the rebate was giving, so I didn't get it. A few other deals I saw were Hallmark cards (some stores have them for $0.47, Ibotta has $3/3) and Cocktail artist (money maker if your store has the coupons on the bottles).

 

Afterthoughts

This week was crazy, right? I normally don't do such big hauls because it's a bit stressful (and carrying everything up 3 flights of stairs is awful). I always do these hauls during my regular grocery shopping trip, but this week's rebate haul was still about twice what I usually spend on everything in a week. I couldn't help myself though. I caught wind of a few really good deals I missed out on in the last two months, so I went a little crazy looking everything over. I spent way too much time, probably close to 5-6 hours total, but a lot of that time was spent browsing various blogs to see what freebies and rebates I've been missing out on. I think it was worth it though because most of this stuff I can use (rather than giving away half like normal). I also found out you can add prepaid cards to your Wal-Mart account and use them with Wal-Mart Pay, which is great because I definitely didn't have enough Wal-Mart gift cards to cover my transaction this week.

 


What did you guys get this week?

submitted by /u/Mikazah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/k07pe9/this_weeks_grocery_haul_1_for_80_worth_of/

No comments:

Add Comment