Popular Posts

I posted here 2 years ago about just getting started. Now I've quit my day job and paid off my mortgage. AMA?

I started out in my spare time uploading t-shirt designs I'd made to Redbubble for beer money. I'm not an artist but did my best with what I picked up online to try and get sales. I know there are a lot of options out there for beer money but I found this to be the easiest for me.

When I started getting sales on Redbubble, I used the money to start paying others to make better designs for me. I realised I could make this into something bigger and eventually, I was able to reduce my hours at work so I had 1 day off during the week to focus on this rather than relying on evenings and weekends.

During this time, I felt frustrated because the advice online from passive income "gurus" seemed misleading and only intended to sell their annoying courses, so I set up my own YT channel and started making videos to show others what I do for free, trying to get straight to the point answering questions about how to get started with POD, how to create designs without any skills, other tips and tricks etc. I had a goal of getting 100 subscribers and helping 20 people making money at the time.

Meanwhile, I expanded my print on demand efforts onto other platforms like Merch by Amazon, TeePublic, Etsy, etc. This is my main source of income, but my YouTube channel also grew to the point that I was able to monetize it, so that became a source of income too.

All these different things started adding up and I was able to quit my day job entirely this year and have now paid off my mortgage with the extra income.

I'm just an average guy and all this seemed impossible just a few years ago, in fact I had lost the job that I had and was going into debt. I wanted to report back with a good news story to inspire others as so many have done for me on this subreddit.

Feel free to AMA. I will reply to everyone.

submitted by /u/ProudOwl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/il3uij/i_posted_here_2_years_ago_about_just_getting/

No comments:

Add Comment