Popular Posts

Several questions about filing taxes

So I've read over various posts about filing taxes for beermoney earnings, and I'm still a quite confused. Hopefully someone here can help me out, even if it's just one answer or a link to the relevant information. Sorry if these seem like silly questions or if they're easily answered elsewhere. I only started filing taxes a couple years ago, and I don't really understand the process/am scared of making mistakes so I usually just go to H&R Block to have them do it for me. With the impending deadline, I'm feeling very pressured about making sure I have everything in order.

How should I be managing/logging my beermoney income? Do I need to keep track of how much I've earned from each site, or just my total earnings? What if I can't remember where I got an Amazon gift code from? For example, I used Quickthoughts for several months before getting banned. I don't remember how much I earned, and I can no longer log in to my account, but it must have been at least $300. However, I've also gotten Amazon gift codes through other websites. Should I just check my Amazon account to see how much in gift codes I've redeemed? What about payments made through Paypal? What if I only received $5-10 from a website and then stopped using it? Are referral bonuses taxed? What about compensation for participation in focus groups or clinical trials? I was in a medical study a few years ago that paid $1000+ over the course of a year, but instead of receiving cash or a check I was just given a debit card that I could use to spend the payments as I received them. Should I have claimed that as income, and if so how could I access the information for it? It's been long enough that I don't really remember the details of it, who to contact, or even the exact amount I was paid.

Holy cow that was way longer than I anticipated. Thank you to anyone who is able to help me out.

submitted by /u/abh34567hrdr6a
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/hpplqa/several_questions_about_filing_taxes/

No comments:

Add Comment