Popular Posts

I just got a accepted to a $150 study with respondent.io. I’m hoping you all can put my concerns to rest.

I’m fortunate enough to still be employed full time during this crisis. I work as an IT pro at an educational institution with 10,000+ employees. Because of my experience, I’ve been been approved for a fair number of studies pertaining to my field. I guess I’m curious if anyone knows in general how employers feel about employees taking surveys like this. I have a confidentiality agreement at work but its basically just about intellectual property but it also seems open ended enough that that its been making me nervous. Some of the screeners ask questions like “which of these programs do you use in your position?” Or “what are some frustrations you have when working with _____ software?” and they’re typically in reference to industry standard applications. I may just be paranoid, but I’m worried about a hypothetical situation where the sales team of the company performing a survey reaches out to my employer and says “oooh hey Mr. Employer, your employee, u/Bobby-Loblaw took this survey and says that ______ is a problem with the program you use. Can I try to sell you on this solution we develop?” I honestly think I’m probably stressing over nothing, but I wanted to see what you guys think. The study is with Microsoft so I’m not necessarily worried about some fly-by-night company making me look bad, just more so worried about the fallout if any company reached out to my employer about me disclosing my work experiences. It’s not like I’m revealing secrets, but there have been moments where I’ve thought “is it bad for me to say we use OneDrive as well as on-premise storage servers?” and shit like that. Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Bobby-Loblaw
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/hwrtbc/i_just_got_a_accepted_to_a_150_study_with/

No comments:

Add Comment