Popular Posts

Looking for a burner phone solution specifically for 2FA

Hey guys, I'm looking for a really cost-effective solution to secure 2FA requirements. Here's my situation:

I have a home phone and an iPhone that I use at home (exclusively with wifi). Any calls or texts I need to make I do through internet service. I have zero need for cell service, so that's not an expense I'm looking for.

However, some secure sites (Capital One, for my credit card) require 2FA, and you aren't beating their security with some throwaway number you get from a website or app.

What is the most cost-effective thing I can do? Are there any phones out there I can pick up that will not have some monthly charge associated that I can just top-up to like, 10 minutes monthly? That's literally all I need, since I'd only be using it for 2FA-related stuff. What can I do?

submitted by /u/coolguycraig
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/df8bzj/looking_for_a_burner_phone_solution_specifically/

No comments:

Add Comment