Popular Posts

Banned from Amazon for Using Gift Cards from Swagbucks

This is an update on this post. I will be referring to screenshots throughout the post which can be found at the bottom of the post.

It has been 2 weeks since Amazon banned my account by claiming that the gift cards I earned from Swagbucks were against their Terms & Conditions (Screenshot 1, I have only used Swagbucks gift cards). According to Amazon, the investigation is open and should be closed within 24 hours. However, they have been saying this for the past week. The account verification team at Amazon has sent me the same email multiple times and told me to fax over proof from the original purchasers of the gift card even though I have twice costing me about $50 (Gallery 1).

I have contacted Swagbucks concerning this matter and they have not been any help either. I emailed them and have not received any response. However, I am fine with this since it is clearly much more of an issue with Amazon at this point. I called Amazon, they told me to wait 24 hours for an email response back. Nothing. I called again and was told to wait 1-3 business days, nothing. I called again and they said they have put in a request to expedite the investigation (since I am moving across the country in 3 days and was relying on Amazon to stock most of the stuff in my new dorm room and own a business that relies on Amazon to acquire packaging) and to wait 24 hours for a call back, nothing. Every time I call, they ask for the same information, tell me the same empty promises, and that's it.

Today I finally managed to talk to a supervisor over the phone. She tells me that they are in no position to expedite the investigation, cannot contact the Address Verification department by phone (only a contact form), and that this should have been resolved a week ago (24 hours after the investigation opened). She told me the same thing everyone else has been telling me for the past 2 weeks. If it is not resolved within the next 24 hours, I have to call back. I have never received an email from the Account Verification team at Amazon except for the ones linked in this post. None of the emails were sent after the investigation was opened. Ironically enough, I discovered the gift cards I used were sent from Amazon themselves (proof). I need this to be resolved soon but no one is helping me in this situation. I am posting this on several subreddits to hopefully bring attention to the matter and actually get my account back.

It has been a little over 2 weeks and I am an Amazon Prime member. Once I get my account back, I hope I will also be compensated for the lost time that was caused by these false accusations from Amazon.

Links:

Original Post

Amazon Gift Card Terms & Conditions

Screenshot 1 (Amazon's Account Closure Email)

Gallery 1 (Amazon's repeated emails that are of no help. This is what they send every time I contact Amazon through email)

Proof of Gift Cards Coming Directly From Amazon

submitted by /u/caimlu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/ctbclq/banned_from_amazon_for_using_gift_cards_from/

No comments:

Add Comment