Popular Posts

My Newbie July Earnings Report

Hi, so I've only been a part of the beermoney community for a month. I decided to try beer money to make some extra pocket change to put towards those horrible, overwhelming student expenses that plague my life since I couldn't get a steady job this summer. My goal for July was $60. I've compiled this report for those who are also new to this subreddit and seem a bit overwhelmed (because I know I was in the beginning!) and a little bit of motivation for myself next month.

Disclaimer: I don't spend a lot of time on these apps, maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day. Your earnings can fluctuate based on how much time you spend doing this. I don't want to spend that much time on it so I don't, so most of my sites I have specific routines for to get the most out of them.

The following are the sites I've been using, what didn't work for me, my earnings from them, etc.

First off, grocery receipt scanning apps. ($3 total)

Ibotta ($0 cashed out)

I didn't know that after a certain amount of time of inactivity, Ibotta takes $3.75 out of your account every month following that inactive time period. So, I had the app before even starting beermoney, but by the time I logged back in, my account (which used to be up at $9) only had $2 left in it. That being said, I did get it back up to $4.75 over this month, but Ibotta isn't really that great for me as I buy very specific products and they're rarely on the app. It's also super hard to have to scroll through everything to find products. However, the any item scans are what have kept me on this app.

Fetch ($3; a bit of this was from a referral bonus)

I LOVE Fetch. It's way easier to use than Ibotta since you just scan the receipt and it will do the product calculating for you. However, after the first few receipts, you only make around 2-5 cents on average. Even though it is a slow earner, I still like to do it since it's so simple.

ReceiptPal ($0)

I've had this for a week and I'm so confused by it? Like I scanned a receipt twice and it counted but I don't really know what I'm scanning for. Do the 4 little check marks have to be full before I get the 100 points? Someone help me here because I've heard this is a good app.

Ebates ($0)

Sticking this one here since I don't know where else to put it. It's not a grocery app but an online cash back app. I use it and I referred someone so now I have $25 coming at me in the fall. Note for this one: It only pays every 3 months but I think that adds to it because it's like a nice little present when it shows up in my PayPal.

Gas apps ($4.17 total)

GetUpside ($4.17; like 25% of this was referral)

I don't fill up a lot so I haven't really used this that much but I love it? I get why it's one of the common beermoney sites. Here's my tip: REFER PEOPLE. I referred my boyfriend and I now make like 0.10 extra cents a week from him filling up his car. I also get bonuses from HIS referrals. It's a win-win for everyone. 10.10 app.

Survey Apps ($31.86 total)

Prolific ($13.66)

This is a no brainer for signing up if you don't want to spend a lot of time doing beermoney. Prolific ONLY sends you studies you're qualified for and they usually pay really well. I like it because I never feel pressured to keep doing surveys since I can only do what I'm qualified for. I log on a few times a day and usually can make a few bucks in that time. I know some people don't get a lot of surveys but I get like 5-6 a day so remember it's all about demographics. They also cash out to PayPal which is super nice.

QMee ($4.20)

I JUST got this app like 48 hours ago. QMee is now my replacement for Swagbucks since I can cash out immediately after taking a survey and it's straight into my PayPal. I try to do only the ones with the flame symbol (hot surveys) so that I have a better chance of not being disqualified. It also keeps me focused on just doing a few minutes because I tend to just keep hitting surveys if I don't have a goal. They're also good about making sure sketchy surveys are taken down.

Swagbucks ($9)

I made quite a bit from Swagbucks this month. Before QMee, this was what I was spending the majority of my time on. Swagbucks is a good beginner site if you are into offer walls, games, etc. It's not the best for surveys since I tend to get disqualified from most of them; they also only cash out in gift cards and it's a $3 min. I started Qmee, immediately cashed out of Swagbucks, and now I only do the daily poll to get 1 SB a day. I want to keep it around though.

Tip: Go for low paying, longer surveys. You are less likely to be disqualified.

CrowdTap ($5)

This is a super easy going site with very short surveys. You can get free samples from it as well. I tend to log on in the morning and the night and I have their app on my phone so I can answer questions while waiting in lines or waiting rooms. You can cash out in gift cards after getting 1000 points ($5). I'm about to cash out again as I'm typing this so I think this is one of my favorite, easy to earn survey sites.

GoogleOpinion

I haven't cashed out of this as surveys are very rare on it but I'm already halfway to the $2 threshold. The surveys are only like 3 questions long and mine are usually about restaurants I've been to since I share my location with the app. It's a good app to have on your phone especially if you use a lot of Google apps already.

SurveyMonkey Rewards

Haven't cashed out of this one either since surveys are also extremely rare on this as well. However, they're very short and I don't have to keep refreshing the app since it'll just send me a notification when a survey is available. I'm gonna keep it on my phone for that sake.

Perksy

I didn't like this one so I deleted. It's another short survey app where you accumulate "stacks" (short questionnaires) to get points. If I remember correctly, the cash out minimum is like $25 or something so I didn't feel like it was worth it.

Other Sites/Apps ($30.05)

Paytime ($25)

This is ONLY for those with an .edu email address. PayTime is an app where you watch ~1 minute ads in exchange for credit. When you reach 40 credits, you can cash out for $10.The goal of the app is to pay for a subscription. Your balance is loaded onto a Paytime MasterCard online and then you can use that anywhere. Some people have had problems with this but I haven't experienced any. I started doing this the end of June and it let me stack two payments of $11 and $12 (the prices for the subscriptions fluctuate), but just know that normally you are only allowed to cash out once a month on the 21st. I also made an extra $2 from a referral.

Microsoft Rewards ($5)

I don't know how to explain this well... if you have a Microsoft account you can search on Bing and accumulate points that then you can cash out for gift cards. I just search random letters on Bing until I hit the maximum for the day. I also use Bing on my phone so that I can get even more points. It's a pretty easy thing to do.

SlaveLabour Subreddit ($0.05)

Uh, so I used this once and I didn't know that messing with votes was against the Reddit policy (I'm VERY new to reddit) and someone was paying 5 cents to upvote something and I got banned from the subreddit for a few days. So read the rules, kiddos. There's not much for me to do on this subreddit anyway since I have like no skills.

Total Earnings This Month: $69.08

So, like I said, my goal was $60 and I surpassed that. I'm very happy with this and next month I'm pushing myself to get $70 or over (I will be back at school so this may be harder). I also have a $50 gift card being delivered sometime since I did one of the car dealership deals.

Anywho, I hope this was an okay first earnings report and for any newbies out there (especially college kids)... keep going! It seems daunting filling out surveys but get into a routine and it'll pay off!

submitted by /u/ladycelise
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/ckcash/my_newbie_july_earnings_report/

No comments:

Add Comment